Wha?! Max size of signiture 255 characters!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no Macintosh programmers recognize the irony?

Str255

I do! :lol:

I don't mind the 255 character limit. It keeps sigs from being obnoxiously large and it forces people to be clever in how they list their Macs. Anything over 3 or 4 lines is obnoxious. A sig shouldn't be bigger than the average post, IMO.

So no Macintosh programmers recognize the irony?

Str255

I do! :lol:

I don't mind the 255 character limit. It keeps sigs from being obnoxiously large and it forces people to be clever in how they list their Macs. Anything over 3 or 4 lines is obnoxious. A sig shouldn't be bigger than the average post, IMO.

-P?

If you have read the book hackers or read any hacker books you'll know what it is. LISP.

What everyone else said. Your sig is irritatingly ginormous, macgeek417, and I've been pondering pointing it out to you for a while. Please trim it.

You can link to the wiki by putting a link inside wiki tags.

[wiki]User:Cory5412[/wiki]

/

Heck, the wiki lets you create subpages [wiki]User:Cory5412/machines/Schlangenbeschwoerer[/wiki]

Thanks for the tip, Cory. I'll gradually move to that system.

Edited by Guest
what happens when I want to add a machine to the list? :disapprove:

Make a wiki page and link to that.

I might just do that, but I think a new wiki account, new page, text of that page, and a link to the page would take up more database space than an extra few characters in my signature.

True. But I have 500kilobits up

Oh? I can beat that. I have 128kbits up!

:(:lol:

How does this help?

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Having a virus in your signature and then claiming there isn't enough room.....

Ha.

What everyone else said. Your sig is irritatingly ginormous, macgeek417, and I've been pondering pointing it out to you for a while. Please trim it.

Maybe I would, but 255chars is a bit small, even if I trimmed it.

If it was back at 500chars, I might trim a line or two off...

(hint, hint)

:p

:)

Fireball: iMac Summer 2000 - Unstable: eMac 800 - Crappaq: Compaq Presario C500, Vista Basic - Space Heater: Compaq Presario SR1110NX, MicroXP/Xubuntu 9.10 Dual-Boot - Treebark: Macintosh LCIII - 68k Macs Liberated: 1

I have seen the evils in procrastination, and I vow to change my ways tomorrow.

Slightly fixed?

Oh, yeah? I'm posting this from a DS screen whch is what, 320x240?

Why are you using Internet Exploder? you should use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

Edit: Got on a REAL computer and edited the typos/grammer errors!

:-p

Most of the time, I run Google Chrome on the netbook; without Flash installed. And now that the Norton trial has expired, I'm going to tempt the beast and go AV-free.

Yes, the only reason I used IE (pronounced "aaiiieeeeeee!!!", of course,) was to demonstrate the problem. Yes, I then turned on all the various bars that I normally would have off, even when I have to use IE.

Let's just disable signatures. They've been more or less whittled down to nothing (we've gone from 500 characters, smileys, and links, to 255 characters, no smileys, no links), and we're all being told to use the Wiki anyway, right? How much more are signatures going to be trimmed back? Hey, let's go to 200 characters. That seems reasonable. Or 150, that looks fine. Let's ban BBCode because it's a Wednesday and I have a hangnail!

Maybe someone can make some kind of browser add-on that automatically pastes in a fake signature at the end of every post.

I'm sure i'm not the only one to remember back when this place had an army motif... people actually had some clever uses for their signatures back then. Lets see more of that... while we're at it, how about the army motif back as well...

...never gonna happen. Oh well.

Or we could all get together to whine about the terms of the free service we're using

I thought that's pretty much what the entire forum was reduced to these days... or so i've been told...

Let's just disable signatures. They've been more or less whittled down to nothing (we've gone from 500 characters, smileys, and links, to 255 characters, no smileys, no links), and we're all being told to use the Wiki anyway, right? How much more are signatures going to be trimmed back? Hey, let's go to 200 characters. That seems reasonable. Or 150, that looks fine. Let's ban BBCode because it's a Wednesday and I have a hangnail!

Maybe someone can make some kind of browser add-on that automatically pastes in a fake signature at the end of every post.

Yeah. Ridiculous.

Noone complained about my sig OR avatar until just the other day.

I have a better idea: Let's make it so emoticons are auto-translated and anyone who uses one gets banned!

EDIT: ooh, ooh, ooh! How about we make the max text size of a sig: be this big!

Of course, everyone can easily read that! Seems resonable enough!!!

Edited by Guest

Really, how big does your signature need to be? What do you want to put in it that could be of use that is over 255 characters? I mean, really.