Couple little tidbits

Today I dropped by the local college with a friend and checked out the free computer stuff (for the *I've lost count* time) and got:

-Farallon AAUI to BASE10 ethernet adapter (my second one)

-Modem Port to female DB-9 serial. I'm really intrigued by this one, is this essentially a null modem cable or is it something else?

-PC-Card to BASE10 ethernet adapter, probably going to use this on the Armada 1750

And for the record my friend found:

-a very long ethernet cable

-original Apple USB keyboard (the ones that I don't like)

-and a fairly large (17"-ish) CRT monitor

Not a terribly bad "haul", if I do say so myself.

-Modem Port to female DB-9 serial. I'm really intrigued by this one, is this essentially a null modem cable or is it something else?

If you mean Mac mini-DIN serial modem port, then it could just be a cable to connect an external modem. Most older PC and cross platform modems had a PC style serial port in either DB-9 or DB-25. It could be a null modem cable, but that depends on how it's wired.

That's still my main keyboard on the Mac mini. I typed out some code updates for my site last evening with it. :beige:

Well they are small, have missing keys, and the one I have is hard to use as a hub since it requires excessive force to plug anything into it. Otherwise they aren't that bad, I'd just rather be using my pro keyboard.

That's still my main keyboard on the Mac mini. I typed out some code updates for my site last evening with it. :beige:

Well they are small, have missing keys, and the one I have is hard to use as a hub since it requires excessive force to plug anything into it. Otherwise they aren't that bad, I'd just rather be using my pro keyboard.

I've got two of those and they both take alot of force to jam stuff into it, it's weird.