Absolutely NASSSSTY Score!!1!!!eleventy!! OMFG?

You remind me of that kid "Joey" in the movie "Hackers."

Anyway, anyway, guys guys guys, come on. I'm in this computer, right. So I'm looking around, looking around, you know, throwing commands at it, I don't know where it is or what it does or anything. It's like, it's like choice, it's just beautiful, okay. Like four hours I'm just messing around in there. Finally I figure out, that it's a bank. Right, okay wait, okay, so it's a bank. So, this morning, I look in the paper, some cash machine in like Bumsville Idaho, spits out seven hundred dollars into the middle of the street.

So... Pics yet? How long is that camera going to be MIA before you send out CSAR teams to recover it?

Design studio in Salem, eh? What place is this? I grew up on the North Shore, and my sister works in Salem...

The AppleVision 1710 is a very nice, crisp Trintron display. But 1710s have a known problem with the flyback transformer. I had two 1710s in my life. I bought one for $100 in 1999 from a warehouse in Danvers that also had a ton of Supermatch 21" displays at the time for the same price, but I really wanted that Trinitron bad. The other I "inherited" from an internship I did at Agfa in Wilmington, MA in 1998. Both eventually went south. I always thought the AppleVision/ColorSync 850AV would have been pretty sweet, too. I never had the AV version of the 1710. I did eventually get an AudioVision 14, so it's close enough (just not 17" and fixed at 640x480) that I don't really feel the need to chase down one of those enormous CRTs anymore.

Also, the AppleVision 1710 and the Quadra 840 are not contemporaries (and certainly aren't "matching"). The Quadra 840 was discontinued in July, 1994, and the AppleVision 1710 was introduced in August, 1995 more than a year later. If that design studio told you they were using the AppleVision displays with the Quadras, then they used the Quadras for more than a year before boxing them back up. The closest to "contemporary" 17" monitor would have been the Multiple Scan 17...

Peace,

Drew

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been playing with this thing (Sorry guys the camera is still missing, which sucks because that's like $250 misplaced.) What do I need to do to get the TV in working? It's got 7.6.1 with the AV extension and apple tv thingy, and monitors extension. What else do I need?

So I have been playing with this thing (Sorry guys the camera is still missing, which sucks because that's like $250 misplaced.) What do I need to do to get the TV in working? It's got 7.6.1 with the AV extension and apple tv thingy, and monitors extension. What else do I need?

by "apple tv thingy" do you mean the application or the card?

If you're talking about getting video input on screen, you should be good to go with Apple Video Player and the Apple Video Player extension (which you can grab from the 7.6.1 install). If you're talking about connecting the Mac to a TV to use the TV as a computer monitor, I believe you have to hold down Command (Apple), Option, and the letters T and V at startup.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, it says clearly a few posts ago, my camera is MIA. I generally annoy people by posting like 4,293 pictures of every chip in every electronic gadget I own, this is the first time I got told I didn't post enough....LOL! My camera is (or WAS) a Canon SD600. I wish I knew where it was....

That camera costs more then my Powershot S3 IS and it has less features. Am I missing something?

Yes. Tact.

Over a month and still no pics? :-/

WTF?

His camera is missing. Get off his back already. It's not like he has any kind of urgent need to upload pictures of old gear for a bunch of geeks to look at 1 or 2 times.

That camera costs more then my Powershot S3 IS and it has less features. Am I missing something?

Yes. Tact.

Over a month and still no pics? :-/

WTF?

His camera is missing. Get off his back already. It's not like he has any kind of urgent need to upload pictures of old gear for a bunch of geeks to look at 1 or 2 times.

Heh...thanks for the first comment. The second comment however......:) You must not know me too well. All I can say is as soon as I have a camera I am going to post so many pictures of this thing that you won't even be able to load the page. 8-o

All I can say is as soon as I have a camera I am going to post so many pictures of this thing that you won't even be able to load the page. 8-o

Hopefully you'll just post links to the pictures. ;)

Seriously, I just don't get how someone's expensive camera can just go missing. Is it just me? I really do find that very odd. In this household there is a Canon 400D, Nikon Coolpix 5700 and Fujifilm F610. I have never misplaced a camera - how could you?

Seriously, I just don't get how someone's expensive camera can just go missing. Is it just me? I really do find that very odd. In this household there is a Canon 400D, Nikon Coolpix 5700 and Fujifilm F610. I have never misplaced a camera - how could you?

I don't generally misplace stuff like that. The only thing I can think of is that I recently lost my car to a bad driver, and they totaled it and took it away. I very rarely would leave the camera in the center console if I brought it with me to do nature shoots, so it may have disappeared that way, but.....slim chance.

Definitely tops my free TAM! And my 512ke with box and instruction manuals.

Sarcasm?

Still waiting on pics...

No sarcasm. It's the real deal. I'll post pictures if you really want them.

What?! You're really saying that a Quadra 840av is a better score than your TAM and your 512ke?