Absolutely NASSSSTY Score!!1!!!eleventy!! OMFG?

OK, this could potentially be the sickest score ever (for this old mac fan anyhow) This past week I found (get ready......................waaaaait for it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAit for ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:)

Not one, but TWO BRAND NEW IN BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG!!!! Quadra 840AV's with matching 1710AV's. Bought in 5/94 by a design studio in Salem, these have been sitting in an attic unused for 15 years. They were originally bought as the main machines at the studio, and replaced two months later with Power Macs. They have been used for less than two months and are basically brand new. Holy shit dude. Marsh> Time to load up some network Marathon on these bitches.

EDIT: Sweeeet baby Jesus in a manger how did something this awesome happen and why did I not know about it years ago?? If I had owned one of these back in 1994 I literally would have shat myself. As in, sat in front of it and played Marathon and not gone to the bathroom for days.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this could potentially be the sickest score ever (for this old mac fan anyhow) This past week I found (get ready......................waaaaait for it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAit for ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:)

Not one, but TWO BRAND NEW IN BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFG!!!! Quadra 840AV's with matching 1710AV's. Bought in 5/94 by a design studio in Salem, these have been sitting in an attic unused for 15 years. They were originally bought as the main machines at the studio, and replaced two months later with Power Macs. They have been used for less than two months and are basically brand new. Holy shit dude. Marsh> Time to load up some network Marathon on these bitches.

EDIT: Sweeeet baby Jesus in a manger how did something this awesome happen and why did I not know about it years ago?? If I had owned one of these back in 1994 I literally would have shat myself. As in, sat in front of it and played Marathon and not gone to the bathroom for days.

Doesn't beat someone finding NIB TAM. :D

Still thats awesome!

My Digital camera is MIA at the moment, as soon as I figure out where it is (parents house??) I will take a picture. One of these is being sold to a friend of mine who collects old Macs for $450. I need the money desperately otherwise I'd have kept both of them. Pics as soon as I can guys. You don't see this often.

My Digital camera is MIA at the moment, as soon as I figure out where it is (parents house??) I will take a picture. One of these is being sold to a friend of mine who collects old Macs for $450. I need the money desperately otherwise I'd have kept both of them. Pics as soon as I can guys. You don't see this often.

What is your friends phone number and credit limit? }:)

No, I did not get them for free...I paid $150, which is more than fair for two 840's and two 1710AV's. Mmmm they look so sexy... Unfortunately, they aren't as fast as memory serves (Or maybe I am impressing even Power mac status on these, given their age) because marathon 2 and Infinity don't run in millions at 640x480 on them in fullscreen mode. It's only playable on 3/4 size at 8 bit color. The one I have left has a RasterOps paintboard Nubus thingy in it but it doesn't appear to work right (I might need a dongle?)

Doesn't beat someone finding NIB TAM. :D

But ... but ... there's TWO!!lol!!!

IIsi - you needs yourself one of those Nubus video input cards that piggybacks the DAV and uses the onboard DSP - I forget the name. Gives you full 30FPS, 640x480 PAL/NTSC capture. And a fast SCSI card.

Sorry about the terminology Fail on my part. I was not aware that on forums, though not in general, "brand new in Box" infers sealed in the box never taken out, though to me, less than two months used, and in the original box, means new in box. Sorry about that. I'll adapt to the generally accepted meaning of this term.

I would view it as complete in box (asuming they didn't toss anything during the month they used it and put it all back in as they found it).

New means you are the first one opening the box and touching the contents since it left the factory. Anything else is just a level of completeness.

Would I pay $150 for an 840av in the box with low runtime, probably not since I have a working unit and used is good enough (cheaper too).

Good points, yeah, I accept it as new in box because for its age, it is as new as it could be to me, and has the original contents. But I shouldn't have labeled it as such since that usually means literally, "never opened." My bad.