In case you haven't noticed, we've upgraded the forums to phpBB3. Quite a lot has changed, so feel free to have a look around and see what's new. There could well be bugs cropping up with the new system, so please report them in the Bug Tracker:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24

The old forum archive is offline for the moment (I needed the disk space for the upgrade), but I'll try and get it back online soon.

Cheers all,

~T

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The username on the right is going to mess me up for a while. I'll manage. :)

Can this not be changed? I've never seen a forum with the user info on the right.

Quite possibly. I'll look into having the option to change it on a user by user basis. I have to say, I actually prefer it now that I've got used to it. The (mostly) irrelevant details are kept out of the way on the right hand side, letting the main body of the post take precedence.

This is awful, sorry. Can you add the old design as a theme?

Unfortunately not, themes from phpBB2 aren't compatible with the new system.

This is awful, sorry. Can you add the old design as a theme?

Unfortunately not, themes from phpBB2 aren't compatible with the new system.

Actually, you can add what is called the "Subsilver2" theme, which looks just like the old theme and it is compatible with phpBB3. See thread here.I just registered there and was able to choose Subsilver2 which looks almost like the old style with the profiles on the left.

Actually, you can add what is called the "Subsilver2" theme, which looks just like the old theme and it is compatible with phpBB3. See thread here.I just registered there and was able to choose Subsilver2 which looks almost like the old style with the profiles on the left.

If that's what it sounds like, please try it, cause this theme is not cool.

• 68kMLA Supporter

I think instead of replacing this theme with a phpBB 3-compatible version of our old default theme, it may just make more sense for tom to spend some time finishing at least one Mac OS-like theme that we can all enjoy.

My apologies to the admins, and I don't mean to sound rude, but I really don't like the new forum layout. Maybe it's just me, I have difficulties adjusting to something new. But...is there some sort of option that allows us to view the forum layout the way it was before?

-Apostrophe

Woah, not so sure about this new layout myself. It doesn't seem to render properly in older Mac browsers such as iCab, which is a big downer in my opinion since this is an old Mac forum. Although, I've never been happy with the appearance of the forum since the Great Crash a couple of years ago - I thought that original OS 7/8 style was perfect.

The new style will probably grow on me with time but I'm definitely in support of a retro Mac OS theme for the future.

You know, I was thinking the same thing right after I posted my post, MacMan. I'm wondering if this is only temporary as the default since the forum was just upgraded today. I wonder how much more flexible phpBB3 is when it comes to theming. I'd definitely love to see a more "System 6/7" look to coincide with the 68KMLA. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.