Posting in the forum from an Apple IIgs

And yes, I finally did it. Full brosing on my Apple IIgs. No, I'm not using Contiki, I am cheating a bit. I'm using Lynx (actually Links) inside of a Unix shell, which has been graciously hosted by the Super Deminsion Fortress. See you on thhe BBS.

Nice!! How are you connecting the GS to the UNIX shell?

Well, here's how I make it all work. The GS is connected via a null modem cable to a Lantronix MSS-VIA, which acts as a serial terminal server and which accepts basic modem commands and also more advanced Telnet commands and puts them into my LAN. I then Telnet over to the Super Dimension Fortress and log in there using my ARPA Unix shell account. From there I just fire up Links or Lynx and I'm on.

Umm, no, it's a membership group for the SDF. I don't think it's related, but then again I am not sure, maybe I should check. Basically, you pay a one-time fee to get special features on your shell account that free users can't get, and as a Linux guy I really wanted and needed these features. It made my $36 worth it to be able to run all that cool stuff on my IIgs!