<|

:)

Hey guys. I'm a 23 year old computer software aficionado. I'm especially interested in software for older platforms. Not so much the hardware.

Before I get started, does anybody else like the IE5.5 interface on the Mac? After having used that ugly Internet Explorer interface on Windows, using the Mac version was a breath of fresh air.

I actually have been running a Mac since sometime in the late 90s, when I aquired a used 7200/75mhz PowerMac, with System 7.5.2. Which I ran along side several old Pentiums, and an e-Machine. After having mastered Windows 3.11, and the Windows 98, it was nice to have something different to try.

One of the first things I did was to snatch up an "Appearance Extension", and load it up. All too often I would ease up on the mouse button, and open up a program I had not intended to. Or worse, sent something to the trash. Eventually I loaded OS 8.0 on it, SimCity Classic, and Tie Fighter.

Since that time, I've had the opportunity to use a wide variety of Macs while working at my Family's computer business. We would buy auctioned PCs, and we would refurbish them. I would handle the Macs. Because of which, I first became the Mac guy, then the Linux guy...

Those Macs Include,...

Several Apple ][s.

- Apple ][e

- Apple ][gs (Loved using the retro Finder disk)

- MacIIxi (System 6)

Several Quadra AVs.

- Quadra 840 AV (Nice system, sharp edges)

- Quadra 640 (Actually, I don't remember. Looks the same. Hated its small size.)

Several LCs

- LC B&W. (Used it for a couple of days.)

- LC III

- LC 5200/75 AIO

Several PowerMacs

- PowerMac 6100/66 (with DOS card)

- PowerMac 7200/75 (My first Mac, which I no longer have...)

- PowerMac 4400/200 (One of my Favorites)

- PowerMac 6500/250 (Still got it.)

Finally, Several G3s.

- PowerMac G3 Desktop

- Beige Tower

- Blueberry iMac & a Graphite one.

- Blue & White G3 (looks green?)

--- 400mhz, 400+mb of RAM, DVD-ROM, 20gb HDD, MacOS 9.2/OSX 10.2.6. (My current Mac.)

I need to find my old Apple][GS.

Welcome aboard. That's a nice range of Apple history that you have there. Almost two decades worth! Though I did get a bit of a chuckle to see the Mac II combined with the Apple IIs. :) Granted, I guess that a System 6 Mac is closer in spirit to the Apple II than it is to a G3. (By that I'm refering to memory and CPU efficient software. I loved System 6 for that reason.)

Now I do hope you realize that you have entered a liberation army. As such, we are quite the extremists around here and our initiation ritual reflects that. Yeap, you're going to have to assassinate a PC. Preferably one running Windows 3.1 (has to be the right vintage after all), and preferably not mine. }:)

Yeap, you're going to have to assassinate a PC. Preferably one running Windows 3.1 (has to be the right vintage after all), and preferably not mine. }:)

I see your challenge and I'll up the ante by saying that the vintage PC should in fact be running Microsoft BOB. :p

That said, welcome! :beige:

I see your challenge and I'll up the ante by saying that the vintage PC should in fact be running Microsoft BOB. :p

Oh come on, that's no act of bravery. That's just putting it out of its misery !

*chuckle chuckle chuckle*

Anywho, Welcome to the 68k Macintosh Liberation Army! MAke sure you've had all your shots should you venture into IRC :)

Welcome to the forums! I gotta say, you have quite the impressive collection. I would collect more, but I don't use the ones I have, and I have no space for me. However, you should try something like Making a webserver of some of your 68k macs.

It's cool. Mine is sitting on my desk right next to the monitor for my PC (LCD) too bad the LCD in the powerbook is shot. It keeps doing this fade thing that makes it hard to work with. Oh well...

Yeah, I know the feeling about not having space. I don't actually have most of those anymore, because of that reason. I did have them all at the same time, for about a year.

For the most part, I was only hanging onto them for compatibility with some old software I had collected with them. Currently the only 1 I know I have, is an old 6500/250 tower, and the B&W G3. It was a sad day when I got rid of the AppleIIgs.

I had setup my old 7200 using the Microsoft Personal Web Server control panel for my local nework. One of these days I will definitely have to set it back up again.

"]
Yes, you must now destroy all PCs in your house in the most gruesome manner possible. AND you must provide us photo evidence of said destruction!

Kill the DOS cards too. Or just give them to me. :p

:O[:(]]'>

I'm not sure I can do that. First I'll have to track down where I put the DOS cards. As for my PC, well it runs Linux, and looks like a Mac.