Asante MacCon+ SE Ethernet Card

I recently snagged an Asante MacCon+ 09-00300-51 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190177380432. This WILL work in a SE, right?

It looks like the auction doesn't include the back panel piece with the BNC/AAUI/RJ45 connectors. Does anybody have a pinout of the connector on the board so that I could possibly construct my own? Did the panel for this card have more than just the connector (i.e. circuit card)?

Thanks.

... It looks like the auction doesn't include the back panel piece with the BNC/AAUI/RJ45 connectors. ... Did the panel for this card have more than just the connector (i.e. circuit card)?

The three MacCon cards specifically for the SE were 99-00300-03, 99-00300-02 and 99-00300-04, respectively the MacCon+ SEET, MacCon+ SEE and MacCon3 for SE. The number that you have may be that of the main controller card only. It is a pity that you did not know about/get the complete assembly, including the ribbon cable and daughter card, so as to define whether you have a MacCon+ or a MacCon3 controller. If you were led to expect a BNC/AUI/RJ-45 daughter card, it may be a MacCon3 that you have.

For starters, you need to download the Asanté EtherTalk Installer v5.6.1 and to download and read the MacCon Family Installatiom Guide. The SE pages begin on 2-21.

de

I wasn't lead to believe anything. I figured I'd take a chance for $5 and see if I can get it working, since SE ethernet cards usually go for much more.

I actually don't even have the card in my possesion yet. It looks like there is more text on the card itself that is not distinguishable in the photo. When I get it, I guess I'll go from there. I though someone might recognize it and be able to provide mroe info.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the card today. Silkscreened on the board is "MacCon FOR SE Rev C." The part number is as described. There is a sticker on one of the chips that reads "ASANTE-SE U7-A 000094-052E49". There is definitely a connector where a daughter card attaches. No daughter card was included :(

Can anyone confirm the identity of this card? Were all the daughter cards for the MacCon series the same??

... Were all the daughter cards for the MacCon series the same??

No. Some have Thin, Thick and UTP out, and some have Thick and UTP ports on the daughter card. If you download the Asanté MacCon Family Installation Guide for which you were given a link, all will be revealed in the table in the introductory pages, and in the section about your specific Mac. Asanté's guides are usually helpful.

de