can't get 16 colors mode in my B&W G3

I'd imagine that its probably to play an older game or something that requires 16 colour mode. Anyway, sadly, to my knowledge there is no way to run any modern Mac (G3+) at less than 256 colours, i'm afraid.

I'd imagine that its probably to play an older game or something that requires 16 colour mode. Anyway, sadly, to my knowledge there is no way to run any modern Mac (G3+) at less than 256 colours, i'm afraid.
I think I've been able to switch the 1st/2nd gen iMacs in my school to as low as Black and White. Those were G3s. 8-) I seem to remember there was a muppet game for all the school computers that needed 16 colors to run and would run perfectly on the G3 iMacs without any special modifications or patches.

Is it required to actually set it to 16 colors? Wouldn't an older piece of software just pick out the 16 colors it needs on a video card capable of supplying more? I can still run old CGA games on newer PC's with much higher resolution and color depth graphics cards in them, so why couldn't you do the same on a Mac?