This is a very well done (spoof?) Newton site

I don't think it's a spoof, it's been there for ages, and the newton can play MP3, so why not.

Of course it's a spoof, and all the better a spoof because it is technically just about possible to make a Newton do it. Why you would want to listen to your mp3s on that little speaker is another question.

It is for real...I installed it on my UMP2000, with the ATA CF mod, so I could get the songs to fit. Yes, you had to encode at a very low rate, and yes, that speaker is not that great.

Regarding headphones, a couple of people hacked their newts to put head phones in (the eMate actually has a headphone jack).

The biggest obstacle for most people now is you need iTunes for OS 9, IIRC.

I don't think it's a spoof, it's been there for ages, and the newton can play MP3, so why not.

Of course it's a spoof, and all the better a spoof because it is technically just about possible to make a Newton do it. Why you would want to listen to your mp3s on that little speaker is another question.

again - no spoof.

i had my newton syncing over wifi with itunes 2.0 using os9.2.2 and my g3 ibook.

i never could get the mp3s to actually play anymore than a second or so. but the software works, and it was kinda cool seeing a wee newton in the itunes window. i have a 20mb card - so never saw the point in taking it further once i got it basically working.

fun tho