Comrades, are you ready for the II uprising ...

What is your oldest Apple II model?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your oldest Apple II model?

• Apple IIc+
    • Apple IIgs
    • Apple IIc
    • Apple IIe
    • Apple II/II+

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oop need to check threads outside the lounge more often :p

but yeah quadra i know that IIgs' ran gsos and not macos...because i had one :p

and i don't remember what the vga card was, we donated it about 13-14 years ago and i haven't seen it since so i have no idea what the specifics are. i just remember the HD size because it was full and therefore caused me much annoyance :p

I have:

18 beige IIe's

2 platinum IIe's

3 IIc's

1 IIc+

2 IIgs'

and (drumroll...)

1 Bell & Howell ][+

I think that's probably more than I need. ;-)

Can I pleeeeeeeeeese have one of your GSes? I've always wanted one! [:(]]'> By the way, does a mac keyboard with all the function keys work with a GS? I'm assuming a Mac Monitor does as well. I want to get as barebones a GS as possible so I can have one on the cheap.

Any ADB keyboard should work, though I don't know if any software would actually use the extra keys.

A Mac monitor will not work. The IIgs drives the monitor at NTSC frequencies, so it has more in common with the Amiga in that respect.

Any ADB keyboard should work, though I don't know if any software would actually use the extra keys.

None that I'm aware of... also any ADB peripheral (trackballs etc) that needs a driver probably won't work.

A Mac monitor will not work. The IIgs drives the monitor at NTSC frequencies, so it has more in common with the Amiga in that respect.

The good news is that the IIgs has a composite video port, so you have easy alternatives. Mind you, GS/OS is barely tolerable without the crispness of the IIgs monitor. On second thought, GS/OS is barely tolerable, period!

The good news is that the IIgs has a composite video port, so you have easy alternatives. Mind you, GS/OS is barely tolerable without the crispness of the IIgs monitor. On second thought, GS/OS is barely tolerable, period!

I used to have a 7 or 8 MHz TWGS, and GS/OS was quite nice, thank-you. Without it though, it is not tolerable!

I have wired up a cable for the IIgs to use the RGB on Commodore monitors. It gives a crisp image.

[Can I pleeeeeeeeeese have one of your GSes? I've always wanted one!

You've always wanted one of mine specifically??? ;-)

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one, they're pretty common (even the Woz signature model). The problem is that without extra memory and some kind of mass storage, the IIgs isn't much more than a fast IIc.

the IIgs isn't much more than a fast IIc

Ahm. IIe. It does have those expansion ports after all. Come to think of it, it supports those awfully useful 3.5 inch floppies too. :)

Okay, you have a point or two there...

I have a few Apple machines.....

2 IIe, both early versions (no number pad) and with Duodisks and monitors, one is in original boxes (not sure if original to that machine though).

2 IIc, both complete with the small monochrome monitors.

1 GS Woz edition with 3.5" & 5.25" external FD units.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
all my computers

(Quicktime, H.264 decoder, 12,57 MB, streaming)

vintage and recent

apple computers or clones

some NeXT computers

early portables (epson HX-20 /1981 & tandy TRS-80 /1983)

recently added ( not in list)

- apple IIplus (110V)

- "macintosh128k" the one sold after the release of the 512k (sept 1984)

Dude, you need some more computers. :p