The Blue Dalmatian iMac G3 is rare, right? Do you think it's worth $215.00? Although it also came with the black Pro keyboard and black Pro mouse. I don't have them yet. :cc: <-- sorta looks like an iMac

I have yet to find if the thing works or not. I will be posting pictures of the machine or auction. (I'm so excited!!! :D )

Were you the winner in that auction yesterday? Congrats! I was bidding on that one because I hoped to pick it up locally. I had a feeling my max of $150 was too low, and clearly one other person besides you was willing to go higher as well. I think you got a good market price. Hope you love it!!

Blue Dalmatians (and Flower Powers for that matter) don't come up for sale all that often so it's hard to get a read on prices.  There was one FP machine I though about bidding on that ended up around $115 and another a few months later that end up North of $300.

In the end, if you're happy with the machine that's what counts.

Seems like the colors that schools had tons of (Bondi, Blueberry, Indigo, Graphite, and Snow) are still

"Cheap as Free", then you've got the less common colors people purchased (Strawberry, Grape, Lime Tangerine, Ruby, and Sage), and finally the colors that people used to make fun of (Blue Dalmatian and Flower Power) but are now what people want.

Edited by Bunsen

Congrats on your Dalmatian, I hope that it arrives in one piece and working well - I drove an hour and a half south, yesterday and bought a tangerine iMac DV.  It came with the original boxes and packaging, but it was advertised on CL as non-working due to a power issue, so I got it for $25.  While cleaning it up and performing some initial checks, I pressed the pmu reset switch, which resolved the power issue and it booted up fine.  The person selling it had kept the hard drive, since they couldn't start the iMac to clear it off, so I just need to replace that to get it up and running.

This seems to be a nice time to save these fun little machines.