Strange Macintosh SE M5010

I've found a Macintosh SE with 2 floppy drive.

On the front we can read Macintosh FDHD (see picture 1)

On the rear, the model is M5010. (see picture 2)

The serial Number corresponds to a FDHD model. (see picture 2)

They are 2 x 1.44MB Floppy drives (see picture 3)

The motherboard seems to be FDHD. (see picture 4)

Does anyone has any information?

See pictures below:

post-6283-0-82190700-1465592336_thumb.jpeg

post-6283-0-92161600-1465592358_thumb.jpeg

post-6283-0-63765200-1465592440_thumb.jpeg

post-6283-0-32860800-1465592823_thumb.jpeg

Nothing strange about it. Nothing at all. The SE is one of the few rare Macs that can have 3 floppy drives when it has 2 internal like this and the third one is external.

I seen hacks of keeping the 2 floppy drives and a hard drive added to it (besides the floppy drives). With Floppy Emu and a SD or CF to SCSI would be great for this unit.

Its a great little machine. Clean it up, lube up the drives, slap in 4mb of RAM and get that puppy howling!

I seen hacks of keeping the 2 floppy drives and a hard drive added to it (besides the floppy drives). With Floppy Emu and a SD or CF to SCSI would be great for this unit.

yep here's a picture of the hack in question (from vectronics):

snap13.jpg

I thought M5010s only had 800k drives... But you just proved me wrong. Good to know that.  :)

I believe these are rather rare. In 1989 (when your SE was made) I think everybody at that point chose Hard Disk versions.

Nice find on a dual Superdrive model factory. That with a hard drive would be a fun machine, particularly if you need something small to write 800K disks. Copy disk images to a 1.44 meg disk and write on an 800K in the 2nd drive. 

Here's another take on the HDD in a dual floppy, but slightly lower profile than BadGoldEagle's: http://i.imgur.com/2O0LKea.jpg