Classic II Blank Screen

I third it - Send it to Unsierver. He does an excellent job on recapping and he (as he told me long ago) guarantees his work. So when you get it back from him, it will work.

If it does not work, which I highly doubt, then the analog board needs recapping too. I do not believe it is the analog board from what you shown here so when you get it back, it will work.

I think I stated before, while the logic board is out for recapping, clean out the case. Put a vacuum to the fan of the bottom of the case and get the dust out of there.

Once you get the Classic II running again, you will be happy. Very Happy!

I third it - Send it to Unsierver. He does an excellent job on recapping and he (as he told me long ago) guarantees his work. So when you get it back from him, it will work.

If it does not work, which I highly doubt, then the analog board needs recapping too. I do not believe it is the analog board from what you shown here so when you get it back, it will work.

I think I stated before, while the logic board is out for recapping, clean out the case. Put a vacuum to the fan of the bottom of the case and get the dust out of there.

Once you get the Classic II running again, you will be happy. Very Happy!

Yeah, I have a feeling that in a while all of these old apple machines will be worth a pretty penny.

Yeah, I have a feeling that in a while all of these old apple machines will be worth a pretty penny.

Oooo.... That is a touchy subject. The value of a working machine is high because it is working but it is not as high as one may think. It is not like a certain Ferrari Dino series which only 6 were made.

Consider this - the original price of the machine when it was sold, minus 10% for every year until on the 10th year is is worthless - $0. (This is insurance and FEMA recovery rates of lost items.) But after that is the machine has some value? I think it does. What does it cost to replace it? What does cost to repair it? Are there special things about it? What values are collectors and people like us put it at? How much you got it on ebay at that condition? And are you getting some use out of it, even fun? There is the value of the machine. You might have to wait 100 years for it to go at the original price, but what it is worth now, you got something.

Oooo.... That is a touchy subject. The value of a working machine is high because it is working but it is not as high as one may think. It is not like a certain Ferrari Dino series which only 6 were made.

Consider this - the original price of the machine when it was sold, minus 10% for every year until on the 10th year is is worthless - $0. (This is insurance and FEMA recovery rates of lost items.) But after that is the machine has some value? I think it does. What does it cost to replace it? What does cost to repair it? Are there special things about it? What values are collectors and people like us put it at? How much you got it on ebay at that condition? And are you getting some use out of it, even fun? There is the value of the machine. You might have to wait 100 years for it to go at the original price, but what it is worth now, you got something.

I didn't buy it just to sell it again though, I bought it because I wanted a vintage computer. I don't really plan on selling it at all.

Great to hear, bman12three4! And I wish you the best in getting this fixed one way or another.

There are people out there that do this - buy and then try to flip a Mac. The returns on this is quite low, especially if one has to repair the Mac before flipping it. The time, parts and money to fix it may be more than the actual value of a Mac they are trying to flip.

I collect old Macs on the basis that those were the machines I've used at work or personally at home. So I bought a few here and there and others I rescued from the trash. It's been fun working with all of them. (It also explains why I have more laptops than anything!)

Except for a few things, I find the older computers more useful than the newer ones.