MegaImg

Color Classic no speaker sound

Guys, needs some input...I just finish re-cap the analog board and the logic board...everything work except the external speaker...so is not a capacitor on the analog board. I just order a TDA7052A to replace it. Any thing else that I need to verify! How can I test the speaker, maybe is that!

Ok team, I order a TDA7052A to replace it!

1. I took the speaker and plug it in to a 9v battery, the speaker is alive...

2. Took the analog board out and verify that the speaker cables where not damage. multimeter and continuity test - cable pass

3. re-solder speaker cables to the analog board

4. Put the TDA7052A in a socket waiting for the replacement

I put it back together and now speaker is working...maybe was a bad soldering point...but still going to replace the chip.

This maybe help someone else out there with the same issue.

I have a CC without sound on both the external speaker as the headphones socket. Logic and analog board is recapped, TDA7052A  is replaced to no avail.

I don't have a 2nd machine to test with. I have checked for damaged traces from the headphones socket to the IC but couldn't find any.

Update...Sound after retrobright....the speaker again no sound...so took the speaker out and finally got to the issue...the speaker cable...So, I will disable the speaker and solder new cables!