• Last visited

4 Followers

About ScutBoy

• Birthday 02/27/1964

Profile Information

• Interests
    Old Computers, 40's International Harvester Pickup trucks

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. ScutBoy

PB Duo schematics?

I did a quick on-line search there and didn't find anything. Perhaps @LaPorta will have more luck with his direct query.
  2. ScutBoy

Compgeke's Acquisitions

Put 4 more 1MB SIMMs in those slots, and you'll get the "Silicon Disk" RAMdisk. Can be very useful as it persists between reboots (as long as the smaller battery in the battery compartment is there) and can be set as the startup disk. I'm not sure if the floppy is the same between the external and internal version, but if it is, it's very likely the belt has failed in the floppy. If you put in a disk and all you get is a buzzing without any other action, that's most likely it. I've got one of these guys, and perhaps an organ donor machine, so keep us updated on your progress.
  3. ScutBoy

PB Duo schematics?

Does anyone have a source for schematics for the Duos - specifically the 270/280 series? I've found the service manuals, etc. but not schematics.
  4. ScutBoy

Replica boxing for Macintosh SE

Didn't get there last weekend. Thanks for the nudge - I'll try to get that this week.
  5. That looks great - thanks for sharing more pictures! I like the plasma more than the passive-scan LCD on my Outbound
  6. That's sweet! Congrats on getting this far!
  7. Pics, or it didn't happen! Seriously, interested to see how your progress is going on this thing!
  8. ScutBoy

RaSCSI Development Thread

Order placed. Looking forward to playing around with this!
  9. ScutBoy

Outbound Laptop documentation?

What's the symptom on your floppy now? After I replaced the belt on mine, it worked that night. Then after sitting for a week, the belt must have stretched, since it would not spin the disk any more. I put on another belt, but when I tried the floppy, it make a very faint click noise and didn't spin, move heads, or anything. I fiddled with it for a bit, and then put it away in a huff, and haven't pulled it out since With the silicon disk and Localtalk I can boot and move just about anything I need on/off the HD. Getting the SCSI target stuff would be yet another way to do that.
  10. ScutBoy

Eric's conquests

My boxes are buried a little bit, bit I will do my best to dig them out this weekend. The 512K box is definitely smaller than the others. I'll get measurements as well if I get them unearthed.
  11. ScutBoy

IIci 74HC132

I had to do some wire bodging with those chips on a IIci in the past to get soft power to work completely. Power up was OK, power down didn't work. Had to tone things out using the schematics to figure out what to wire-jump
  12. ScutBoy

Outbound Notebook 2000 manual

I can confirm that this power supply works well with the Outbound. I shaved a bit off of the connector so it would fit further down into the socket on the machine, but i don't think this was strictly necessary. Now if I can only get my external floppy to work! If anyone has an extra I'm in the market
  13. ScutBoy

Eric's conquests

quorten, greetings from another Minnesotan. I'm in Northfield. I'm pretty sure I have the boxes for SE, Plus and 512k - with the machines inside them. I'm not big on having the boxes - if you want them I'd love to recover the space. Probably have some (but not guaranteed all) of the styrofoam packing inside. They are by no means perfect, but not falling apart. Let me know if you are interested; I can confirm what I've got.
  14. ScutBoy

Eric's conquests

Nice! Where are you finding these honey-holes in MN?