blusnowkitty

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. blusnowkitty

GEMDOS on the Lisa can be built again!

So it boots off an X/Profile on a 2/5. HELLO.APP works, but 1ST_WORD.APP causes a complete system hang when trying to create a new document. Make sure to have a floppy disk inserted if you try to access the drive, otherwise it will crash the system with Lisa Error 47. Also: don't forget to copy ASSIGN.SYS and LISA25.SYS to the hard drive when doing your file copies.
  2. blusnowkitty

GEMDOS on the Lisa can be built again!

As a side note, does anyone know what happened to the Lisa Office System source release from a few years back?
  3. blusnowkitty

Macintosh SE/30 screen "shimmering" issue

If I had to guess - and it is just a guess - it's probably magnetic interference from the hard drive. I've got an IBM PS/2 Model 25, IBM's answer to the Macintosh all-in-one PC, and the hard drive in that thing does create a very slight wobble on the screen. If I unplug power to the drive, it goes away completely.
  4. blusnowkitty

Cards and drives

All of these C clamps need to come off. There are four screws on the underside of the drive that need to be removed, then the loading mechanism will pop right out. I'd also suggest removing the eject motor and giving that a good cleaning and lube too; that's just held in with screws. Be careful not to lose any of the clamps and washers; they're under spring tension and can (and will!) go flying if you're not careful.
  5. blusnowkitty

Cards and drives

The 400k drives have a really bad problem with the original lubricant hardening and causing the mechanism to freeze up. You have to disassemble the whole loading mechanism, degrease, and relubricate.
  6. blusnowkitty

SE Revival

Fortunately, PC 720k disks are still relatively plentiful and cheap to buy in bulk lots. They'll format to Mac 400 or 800k no problem.
  7. blusnowkitty

SE Revival

You didn't mention the 7600 before That makes things a lot simpler because you can just use Disk Copy to write 7.1 images to an actual disk. They'll write 800k disks no problem, provided your floppy drive still works.
  8. blusnowkitty

SE Revival

You have these options: - Upgrade your SE to a 1.44MB SuperDrive - Put hard drive into another Mac with a 1.44MB drive and install 7.1 that way, then move drive back to SE - Buy a Floppy Emu PCs can't write 400/800k disks at all, but they can write Mac-formatted 1.44MB floppies.
  9. blusnowkitty

mAcTX - ATX to Classic Macs

Ready to buy the mAcTX LC?
  10. blusnowkitty

7200/120 - Repair Quantum Fireball SE Drive?

Every 90s Quantum hard drive I've ever owned - be it in a Mac, a PC, or an Amiga - has failed or is in the process of failing; they aren't reliable drives at all. The only use I've found for 90s Quantum drives is to prop my dish drainer up at an angle
  11. blusnowkitty

A Bit Of A Rarity

Ah cool; so copy /b high1.bin + high2.bin combined_hi.bin copy /b low1.bin + low2.bin combined_lo.bin or for *nix cat high1.bin high2.bin > combined_hi.bin cat low1.bin low2.bin > combined_lo.bin Burn to a pair of 27256 EPROMs and enjoy? Sounds easy enough.
  12. blusnowkitty

A Bit Of A Rarity

As a side note, does anyone have a schematic of the ROM adapter? If the ROM gets released I might burn it to some real ROMs and throw it in my retail Mac 128 for a laugh
  13. blusnowkitty

A Bit Of A Rarity

I have heard rumours that you can stick a Macintosh Twiggy disk into a Lisa 1 and dump it using Basic Lisa Utility (BLU), but that's only a rumor/speculation. The Twiggy drives were notoriously unreliable though, so perhaps your drive has some sort of f ault - especially if the original belt is still on. Any chance of dumping the ROM? That's something that also needs to be preserved.
  14. blusnowkitty

ROM needed for an Asante MacCon+IIET

I had to double-burn it to stick it on a 27256, but somehow this ROM worked on a IIET! Thanks.
  15. blusnowkitty

ROM needed for an Asante MacCon+IIET

This is the one I have. EPROM is a 27C128.