About CC_333

Profile Information

• Interests
    Music/audio recording, tinkering with electronics

Recent Profile Visitors

3552 profile views
  1. CC_333

Mac mini G4 OS 9 reports

Apple actually did make such a machine, so to speak. It's called the iMac G5 c
  2. CC_333

NeXT Cube and NeXTStation TurboColor

Neat! I'm jealous c
  3. CC_333

powerbook 5300cs

Are you sure that's passive matrix? It looks almost as sharp and clear as active matrix! Goes to show that perhaps they weren't so bad back when they were new. c
  4. CC_333

RaSCSI Development Thread

@NF_ My understanding is that the SE and II both provide SCSI term power, and the Plus is the only Mac that doesn't (fun fact: the circuits for providing it, to my knowledge, were partially implemented, but it was disabled from the factory. It can be enabled by adding a couple missing components I think, but the Plus' SCSI implementation isn't entirely standards compliant, so it may or may not work as expected.) c
  5. CC_333

iPhone 6 64GB

@Garrett Agreed. The 1st Gen. SE, until the Touch ID sensor died (which introduced a power drain that killed the battery when locked), was an excellent phone. Because of the failed sensor, I've fallen back on my 5, which works okay, but iOS 6 is pretty much useless nowadays for all but the basics (Safari still kinda-sorta works, Messages work, email works, etc.). Since Verizon said they'd shut down their CDMA 2G/3G network in December 2019; despite this, it seems they were apparently bluffing, because it appears it's still alive and well as of today, since my 5 is working just like it always has. I dread the day when they shut 2G down for real (it will happen eventually ). Hopefully it won't happen soon.... c
  6. @techknight OK, that makes sense, because the BMS in the battery can be modified to basically look like whatever the computer expects, regardless of the actually chemistry of the cells. I'm sure someone can reverse engineer the 5xx battery easily enough. I mean, all kinds of things have been successfully re-implemented that were once thought to be prohibitively difficult to reverse engineer (Custom ROM SIMMs! FloppyEmu! SCSI2SD! And now even a complete clone of the entire SE logic board!), so why would this be any different? c
  7. Looking good! Hopefully this one will work! c
  8. CC_333

iPhone 6 64GB

My 6 Plus is still on its original battery, and last I checked, capacity was still somewhere above 90%. I'll have to change it eventually I'm sure, but I think something else is more likely to go wrong first at this point, given it's been used relatively heavily for over 5 years now. c
  9. I got some EM-30L recently, and I have to say that it's wonderful stuff! It works really well on just about anything, too: connectors (the outer housings, not the contacts), switches, and of course, Mac floppy drives. I even used it on my mouse to quiet down a creaky clicker and smooth out the rollers. c
  10. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Has anyone been able to reverse engineer that "intelligence"? c
  11. How trivial do you think this would be to adapt to other PowerBooks? I would think that, now that you've mostly come up with the design, it could be used as a reference for other similar designs targeting models such as the 14x/150/170 and 500 series. They all use NiCd or NiMH as opposed to SLA, but I wouldn't think it would require much of a change to adapt your design? Nevertheless, this is a fantastic development, and if I had a PowerBook 100, I'd totally want to get one of these once you've finished it! c
  12. CC_333

New ResPatch patching tool

This is an excellent application! I wish someone had come up with this 20 years ago! Better late than never, I suppose.... This is an absolute must for inclusion on any ROM SIMM! c
  13. CC_333

Macintosh LCII Restoration

I have an LC topper (12" 512x384), with an LC (or LC II) to match, and it doesn't work (the CRT is dead, and so is the LC to which it belongs). I hope it's a simple fix, because it's in fairly nice condition. c
  14. CC_333

Macintosh LCII Restoration

I have an LC topper (12" 512x384), with an LC (or LC II) to match, and it doesn't work (the CRT is dead, and so is the LC to which it belongs). I hope it's a simple fix, because it's in fairly nice condition. c
  15. CC_333

iPhone 6 64GB

The 6 (and its larger cousin 6 Plus) are still very competent phones. We still use the 6 Plus we bought new in July 2015, and it's still going strong (I chose to keep it at iOS 9, so it's fallen a bit more out of date than it could've been, but I don't care, as it still does everything we need it to do, and security isn't a huge problem, as we don't keep any sensitive personal info on it). c