LaPorta

Price Check: Classic II

I don’t know much about what a Classic II is worth. I have the chance to pick up a presumably working one with ADB mouse and keyboard for $50. Sounds like a good deal to me with the mouse and keyboard, but what do others think?

If the case is in decent shape I think $50 is reasonable for a compact with a working internal HD with keyboard and mouse.

Thanks all for input. I have at least one of each compact, but never a Classic II. Therefore, I know little about it or it’s price. Where does it fit in the order of things?

I have one - it's considered the second best compact mac after the SE/30 (it's the last in the lineage).  Personally, I don't understand why it would be second best, but then again I have no experience with the SE/30.  Was this what you were asking for (apologies if I misunderstood)?

SE/30 is the ultimate compact. Classic II is a toned down SE/30, but above any other compact. The one to have is the SE/30, and if you can't afford one, the Classic II is good. The Classic IIs suffer from the odd Classic issues though, and have many things that tend to burn out compared to the SE series. Plus awful caps and small logic boards.

No PDS at all on the Classic II though right? I assume one could upgrade an SE FDHD to beat the performance of a Classic II using an 030 upgrade.