torakikiii

Se30 - help identifying an expansion board

Hi Guys,

some years ago I got myself a lovely se30. It had some problems with the screen, so me and a friend we opened it, fixed it (well, he did it :) ) and in the process we removed an already  installed board. I then proceeded to forget about it until now that it came to my attention again.

I can't find a single reference to this model everywhere. Either I'm not that good at searching or this board wasn't that good/famous/ whatever. It might help saying that I am in Italy.

I'm posting 2 pics. It's obviously a board to connect an external color monitor /any idea which monitor eventually?) but that said I have zero other information about capabilities, drivers, software or whatever!

Any help?

Thanks,

Ivan

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_91977.jpg

The lettering is a little worn but that's a Nutmeg 30/8, which if I'm not mistaken gives you 256 colors on an external display.  There's one thread I could find in a quick search on here that touches on its grayscale cousin, the 30/2:

thanks. That thread is quite old and unfortunately didn't bring me any useful answer.

On gamba's site I found a nutmeg BW driver but nothing for my board.

Either it's a unusual/unsuccessful board or for some reasons it's rare. Fact is, no driver no joy! It's weird I don't find a single reference in the whole net.

I hope someone else reading this in the future will have some hints!

Thanks.

Even without a driver the card "should" show up under the Monitors control panel.  All the video cards I've seen at least are at least recognized in there even if advanced features are unavailable without an enabler/extension/control panel/etc.  Have you tried connecting an external monitor to see if you get a signal?

There are cards that don't show up if there is no monitor connected.

That behaviour is particularly useful in the SE/30 so the main screen won't set itself to a ghost display.

My Radius IIsi Pivot does it as well as the SE/30 B/W Pivot.

Unfortunately I don’t have an external monitor so that can’t test it.

Incidentally I think my hd decided it had enough, it boots once out of ten reboot.

Poor old chap!