markyb86

Female Mac DB15 to VGA?

Did they ever make an adapter to use a pc with a 15 pin apple monitor? All I have ever seen or can find are to use a PC monitor with a mac.

Thanks

Only for MultiSync displays, such as the Multiple Scan series.

Some of those (the 1705 in particular) have a separable cable - you can use any normal VGA monitor cable with those.

Apple built its own such adapter and bundled it both with VGA output PowerBooks and some of their displays.

A photo of it is part of the chain I use here to connect my Multiple Scan 20 to my PC: 

I haven't tested this myself, but that adapter should also allow older fixed-sync Apple displays to work with slightly newer Macs that have regular VGA ports - at least using Apple's stock video cards. (For example: A 16" Macintosh Color Display should run on a blue-and-white G3 or a G4 QuickSilver.) 

What you have there is basically what I'm looking for. (The middleman in the picture). I'm hoping that the monitor inside of a G3 iMac is compatible with VGA since it has the Macintosh DB15 connection.

Does that adapter have a name or a part number that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Yes. The Apple part number on mine is 590-1120-A. You should be able to use this with an iMac display. If I'm remembering correctly, I was able to use my iMac/233's monitor with a Quadra 840av back in the day.