netfreak

So I picked up some Macs today...

A couple weeks ago I missed out on giant bins of various 90s Macs including Color Classics for $2 each. But, last week I found someone else who was trying to unload their old Macs. Made the trip today and ended up with this:

jun62019macs.thumb.jpg.777cfef63db4c55c2c092fb63ef149cf.jpg

I really only needed the PowerMac 7100 for some Copland testing but also ended up with another 6100 DOS model, LC 475, couple LC IIs, and LC III, Motorola StarMax clone. Also some real interesting boxed software including ClarisWorks, Apple System 7, Apple At Ease, HyperCard, Windows 3.11, etc.

6 minutes ago, omidimo said:

Nice haul! This is a nice range of of early to mid 90s goodies. 7100 have the Digidesign cards?

There was a Digidesign nubus card in the 7100. I didn't think about looking around for the cable in the pile of stuff at the seller's place but I might see about going back there. Some other odds n ends I might want to pick up like a keyboard or two plus more boxed software.

EDIT: actually it just seems like a 50 pin SCSI-2 type plug between the card and the rack thing

Edited by netfreak

Needs a special cable though I think.

I can check one of my Digidesign Nubus interface cables if they are wired like an SCSI cable.

56 minutes ago, Bolle said:

Needs a special cable though I think.

I can check one of my Digidesign Nubus interface cables if they are wired like an SCSI cable.

Yeah it's possible. I'll be contacting the seller anyway as I need to grab a few more items for other people so I might have a chance to see if the cable is sitting around there still.

So I went back for more! I managed to find what looks to be the cable for that Protools thing. Plus all this stuff:

DSC_0017.thumb.jpg.36254ef88831bbe2eb84829eaaa5393c.jpg

DSC_0018.thumb.jpg.d91672bf228cb39cf8c91dc980c8e2c1.jpg

A lot of this is to help a friend's collection but I wanted to grab the software titles and that Tandy laptop for myself.

12 minutes ago, LaPorta said:

I'd take that AudioVision...I love those thing!

It really is a nice CRT but I only picked it up because a friend wanted it. Maybe if my living situation was different I'd keep the CRTs for myself.

That is a nice haul, I have a soft spot for the Tandy laptops (too much time spent at the local Radio Shack, I guess), so I'm a bit envious. The boxed software and all those odds and ends are nice too - congrats!

9 minutes ago, Juror22 said:

That is a nice haul, I have a soft spot for the Tandy laptops (too much time spent at the local Radio Shack, I guess), so I'm a bit envious. The boxed software and all those odds and ends are nice too - congrats!

I hear the hard drive spinning but doesn't seem to boot off it. I'm betting the floppy drive belt is long dead so I'll have to pull it apart at some point.