Sign in to follow this  
sleestack808

SCSI2SD and se/30

It is the same process for the most compacts, only the plus needs an extra power supply and some work to get it to boot from the SCSI2SD.

The Macintosh Plus needs an external power supply (if you want to boot it with the SCSI2SD), not your SE/30. The SCSI2SD can use the the 25pin D-sub connector for power supply.

Here you can see my SCSI2SD that I use with my Macs.

You can connect the scsi2sd with the internal hdd cable (50 pin).  But if you want to copy your internal hdd to the scsi2sd then you have to connect it as an external drive. Easiest way is to get an external scsi enclosure.

Existing SCSI2SDs are internal devices - you can put them in a case (such as the one from a SyQuest drive). There is a new version designed with a DB25 connector directly on the board designed to connect directly to the external port.

More information about the external-only variation is here: 

If you wanted to use an external-only SCSI2SD with the Mac Plus, which does not provide termination power, which is how the SCSI2SD can be powered on newer Macs, you could power it off of a USB phone or tablet charger and a Micro USB B cord.