Sign in to follow this  
unity

Who knows HyperDrive boards?

I have this board but I can not find any good info on it. I know there is the Hyperdrive common to 512k setups. Its about half the size though. I don't have cables and don't want to supply a random 12v of power to the board, so I can not properly test it. When I search "HyperDrive128" I find nothing. I thought it might be a HyperDrive 2000 for 128k but those came out in 1986 and this is marked 1984.

810_7950_2.jpg

810_7951_2.jpg

Thats what I find too. So this must be it, the sister to the 512k one but twice ht size due to RAM. I was hoping for more specs or info. Its like pics of this one just do not exist.

12 hours ago, unity said:

Thats what I find too. So this must be it, the sister to the 512k one but twice ht size due to RAM. I was hoping for more specs or info. Its like pics of this one just do not exist.

What? You have a picture of it in your first post, right? All those 64k DRAM chips on the right side will upgrade a 128K to 512K of RAM.

Here are 305 Usenet posts on the HyperDrive. Probably some clues in there.

Its my pic, I took it. I can find no others. And yes, I can add up RAM. Sorry to be a bother.

1 hour ago, unity said:

Its my pic, I took it. 

Ok, now this makes sense. It wasn't clear to me that that was your picture.

Here are a couple good posts:

Hyperdrive - overview, installation, and specs

HyperDrive availability and price

HyperDrive technical details and memory expansion

This last post talks about how the board upgrades RAM on a Mac 128K, saying that you could put 256K chips and further increase RAM size.

I believe that's the 128k version.  It references it in the manuals.  I'd love to get ahold of that version because then you can do a non-destructive 512k upgrade with HDD on a 128k.  That's just bonkers awesome. :D

I uploaded scans of the manuals, labels, disks, etc. to Macintosh Garden.

Edit:  Link - http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/gcc-hyperdrive-software-drivers

Edited by olePigeon
Link.

BadGoldEagle, that the board I come across all over. The 128k board - can not find much info. olePigeon, I am not sure how non-destructive it is since the 68000 gets moved to the HyperDrive board. But I would think with a Killy clip it could be made to work fine. There was one trace added to the underside of the 128k board too.