agg24

Identifying Cards in a II+

I found an online listing with an Apple II+ with several cards I cannot easily identify. I was hoping someone here could shed some light on them.

Looks like the thick cable may be a SCSI card based on a glimpse of the connector in the last picture.

image.thumb.png.56dc623b9be88c90b9681389089f7d3c.pngimage.thumb.png.3d010e0a5957ce716ec5a5eda4b6a146.pngimage.thumb.png.46ca2488832c61158fb522bbc0d39ad3.png

Slot 0 -- RAM card, possibly a Microsoft RAM card

Slot 1 -- probably a serial or parallel interface card. I doubt it's SCSI. Card looks too short for SCSI.

Slot 4 -- Videx Videoterm (why is this in slot 4 and not slot 3???)

Slot 6 -- Disk II controller

Edited by Dog Cow

Nice! Thank you for the fast response. I think you're right about the serial card. I didn't realize it was the one in slot 1, which is indeed rather short.

The card in slot 1 is a parallel printer adapter.  On the end of the attached cable is a 36 pin Centronics (Amp) connector. It's understandable that is can be confused with a SCSI cable, the common connector for SCSI is a 50 pin version of this same style Amp. connector.  The construction of the board/cable looks Japanese, most likely this a interface board that came with/from a printer manufacturer like Epson/Oki/NEC etc.