Sign in to follow this  
Roarke

Is System 7.1.1 bootable as a live CD ?

I was thinking that if i buy a AppleCD, can i make a System 7.1.1 bootable as a live CD ? So i can use it by only reading different application from the cd, not writing and/or copy. I don't have a floppy drive for my Powerbook 150. FreeDOS is bootable in a nvidia drivers cd (reading applications and accesing the floppy drive) in windows 7 ultimate.

Yes. All of Apple's own install CDs were bootable, they booted into a minimal system+finder environment, from which you could mount local disks and use any utilities that were on the CD.

I don't know off hand what 7.1 CD media would be suitable for a PB150, 7.5.x or 7.6.1 media should also boot that machine, although if you don't have a lot of RAM, they won't run as well as 7.1.1.

I don't know what exists in this realm, but it should be possible to make or for someone to make a custom boot CD image, which itself might have the PB150's install floppies on it as images you could mount and install.

Ok, thank you. I found the following link which may help me with a cd or even a hdd with the MacDisk program.