ClassicMac

Why did the IIvx have two difference styles for the face?

How you mean?

As far I know theres only 1 IIvx and all had the same style - some had without CD ROM, some had CD ROM/caddy load etc.
Cheers

AP

I think the earlier ones had caddy CD-ROM and auto-injection floppy drive. It changed midway though I think to match all their other offerings which also shifted with respect to the drives. I think for the IIvx I’ve seen more of the earlier style myself.  The Quadra 650 I’ve seen more of the newer style. 

Could be that different images of the machine taken with different camera (lenses) could cause that perception?

IIvx + 7100 (top, bottom)
ch4ZqZv.jpg

At wider, cell-phone-level, focal lengths, curves will get exaggerated vs product/catalog or others' photos taken with a narrower focal length lens.

Ah. Interesting. Yeah, that CD bezel might have undergone a facelift. Not a fan of that one, personally. 

Maybe that's a tell-tale sign you bought a $3.5k IIvx before the price drop :lol:

The Performa 600 had the creased CD bezel with a sticker under the slot with various logos for Photo CD, etc. Both the Performa 600 and IIvx that I had came with this style. Did the Quadra/Centris 650 come with a caddy loading drive, or were they all tray drives? Its possible they face lifted the caddy faceflate for the Q650 and somehow that plate landed up on a IIvx at a later date when a CD-ROM was added. PM7100s were universally caddy drive and manual inject floppy, but Quadra/Centris era was a mix between caddy/tray CD-ROMs and the auto/manual inject floppies.

Then there is that mutant PM6100 I created with a caddy loading CD-ROM+plate from a Q610. }:-)