haemogoblin

128k Macintosh board is it worth much?

I was gifted an original 128k Macintosh logic board, I've no idea if it works or not and frankly I've no intention of stripping down my Plus to find out. 

It goes against my better judgement to recycle it, so I thought I'd ask for opinions.

Is it worth my time trying to sell it? or should I just get rid and make some room? I have a terrible habit of hording old parts and I'm trying to cut the habit and keep just what I need. I have one good Plus and one spare, for it ever the days comes when the other develops a fault. 

I’d take it, depending on if you are looking to part with it for sure.

EDIT: on second thought, your username makes me think you aren’t in the US...

Edited by LaPorta

Well if my location isn't a dead give away, I dont know what is :-P 

I might offer it up on the UK LEM list, it seems wrong to just throw it to recycling.

Didn’t see the location: the phone version doesn’t display it!

If no one else takes it, id still possibly consider it depending on shipping.

Hmm. I've got a 128k case with a 512k/512ke board inside. Tempting to restore it back to it's original state...

How much is shipping to the US? That would help a lot of the users here. There are definitely people over on your end who would like it too though. Don't scrap it! :)

Hi Guys

Two points I'll bring up now, before we go any further.

1. I shall take some photo's of the board, probably a good idea you all see it first. It's dusty but certainly not in bad condition. I'd feel fine installing it inside a system, if it weren't for the fact all of mine presently work.

2. I shall package it up (best I can) for overseas shipping. UK to Germany will most likely be the cheapest, but I shall find out shipping for both Germany and State side.

Obviously the first person who voiced interest has first dibs, I think we can all agree that is fair :-)

Give me a little while as my Birthday is coming up in the next day or two and I don't fancy spending it in a queue at the post office :-P That might pass as excitement for some brits (we do like to queue) but not this guy.  Will report back soon as I can!

Thanks to everyone who replied

In the mean time  if someone would like to suggest a price for the board that would be great, I flatly refuse to look at fleabay prices as they are hardly ever reflective of the true value.

**Mods: I'm aware this thread might have drifted in to something more suited to the "For sale" section of the forum.

Edited by haemogoblin