AlpineRaven

PM 7300/7500/7600/8500/9500 PSU Pinouts?

I think the 7200 PSU has the same pinout too. I remember back when it was a thing, I bought an upgrade kit from Apple to upgrade my 7200/75 to a 7600.  It included a new logic board, CPU daughter card and video input/output board.  I do not believe it included a PSU and the stock 7200 PSU was used.  That was 20+ years ago so I could be wrong but that is what I remember.  I found the receipt for it recently in some old papers and it lists logic board but no PSU so I am reasonably sure about it.

Here is a website that appears to have a pinout of the connector:

https://modelrail.otenko.com/apple/power-mac-7200-power-supply

At some point I thought they changed the power supply connector in the desktop 7X00 machine.   I thought it was with the 7600, but it might have been with the 7300.   In any case, I would not expect the 7300 to have the same pinout as all the  other metioned models.    The 8600/9600 certainly don't.

IIRC they changed it with the 7300.  The 7600 is identical to the 7500 in every way except for the CPU card and the badge.  The logic board and PSU are the same.  Of course the configurations options are different.

Edited by Zippy Zapp