Sign in to follow this  
Blake

I accdently put the wrong screw in the handle part and i cant get it out

I was just finishing up with my mac and i accdent put in the brown screw, screwed it in and now i cant get it out. I also cant open the case now

I am not sure which brown screw you are referring too, however, I would attempt to spin the screw while having someone pull on the case (gently at first - then gradually more).  If this doesn't work I would suggest drilling it out.  There are special bits for this purpose. 

The colors for the screws aren't always the same, but whatever the color is, the bottom two screws are a different threading than the top two screws inside the handle.

I would recommend what maceffects said.  Have someone pull the case apart while you unscrew.

Brown screws are in the bottom of the casing, while silver ones are hidden in the top (handle side)

As a reminder, i think of it as ones being tanned (exposure to the sun) while the others (hidden) remained white ;-)

I didn't know they were different between the top and bottom, other than color.

IIRC already seen casing with mixed up screws, don't remember any issue concerning thread or removal.

Usually, but not always.  I've worked on cases with 4 silver screws.  I think it just depended on when/where Apple got their screws from.

IIRC the early ones had silver srews all around (128/512 Plus) while the late units have the brown/silver setup (SE/Classic) except for the CC that had all silver screws as well.

The lower screws (many of which I've seen are black?) have a finer thread than the silver screws.

c