Forums

1. Important Information

1. The 68kMLA Forum Rules   (9943 visits to this link)

To quote vintage Apple manuals: "Read Me First!"

2. Community Connections

1. General 68kMLA News & Stuff

What's going down in the barracks.

Discuss your latest vintage Mac finds!

Feel free to trade all of your Mac goodies here with all honest intentions. The website provider assumes NO liability, so buyer beware! Please see this topic for more information.

1. RetroChallenge

What can you do given only one month and strictly "retro" hardware? Find out with RetroChallenge!
      http://retrochallenge.org/

The creation and maintenance of the 68kMLA's information repository.
      http://68kmla.org/wiki/

1. Compact Mac

Macintosh, 512k, SE, etc.

Just think, having a Quadra 950 in 1992 would be like having a Mac Pro today… except with more slots, more expandability, and on-board SCSI!

Ah, the consumer computers!

From the Portable to the 190cs.

1. NuBus Power Mac, LC & Performa

The NuBus architecture gets a new brain!

The PPC comes of age and adopts the industry standard expansion slot.

From the Beige G3 to the quad-core G5, via various iMacs!

All that power in a laptop? Never…

1. Apple I, ][, /// & Lisa

Not really 68k Macs, but certainly Vintage!

The best PDA ever finally gets its own forum!

Includes system stuff, productivity, emulation, design, and games for pre-OS X Macs!

Yes, it's back! Hardware hacks/modifications and software development for Mac OS.

Anything you can hook up to your Mac or stuff into it as an interface!

• Will, do you have a multimeter to test the voltage coming out of your step-down converter?  And is the frequency of 60Hz correct too?  Even if the voltage and frequency are correct, what happens when you connect another 120VAC device (other than your Mac) into that converter?  I am trying to make sure you are getting good power going into your board.  If you are, then of course diagnosing your analog board will make sense.  And the things others have suggested are quite good.  You basically have to troubleshoot the board on a component level to find which component is causing a short, since that would be the only thing on the board itself that would repeatedly blow the fuse.
    • And now for something I really didn't need and spent too much money on.   SE/30 in 'extra mature' yellow. 4MB RAM, 20MB HDD (working!), currently running 6.0.8 but that'll change. It's a little 'used' cosmetically but nothing above some light scrapes and general yellowing. The seller claims it's been recapped too, so I can't complain too much.     I've rather overspent on the vintage Macs this month so I won't be doing anything particularly drastic to it for now. Next month, however, I'll up the RAM to 32MB and get looking for an A/UX-compatible network card.
    • @cheesestraws does some 68k programming so may be able to help, possibly.   There was also the guy who wrote some 68k software so that he could add Wifi functionality to System 7?   In terms of this matching the Micron Xceed functionality, will it also provide support for an external colour display?   @maceffects Sign me up for the non-Linux version, I am primarily interested in getting the Micon Xceed functionality at a reasonable price.
    • Putting in a random address in the Netherlands returns an estimated shipping cost for up to a pound of $23.28 USD. Its $13 if I select "large envelope" but... especially with a bezel, an envelope would be impossible.
    • Ha! If this ever happens, I look forward to one-upping all of my friends with Amiga PPC accelerators with some casual web browsing