AlpineRaven

PBG3 PDQ 14.1 TFT LCD Display replacement

Hey all,

Without opening up the LCD up what LCD Panel does it use - I would like to replace it. (I don't want to open it up and put it back together and open it up again in few weeks when new one comes)

Thanks

Cheers

AP

85 dollars? That’s a LOT for an LCD for a PowerBook G3 in my opinion. I think for that price you’d be better off getting a junker machine with a good LCD panel. Not only would that be cheaper, but it’ll also give you some more extra parts.

Also, if you can figure out the exact model of your LCD, you can search for it on eBay and there may be someone with a reasonably priced one.

Edited by PB145B

He wanted the model number which is what I dug up, but he should confirm anyway. Wallstreet LCD screens are easy enough to replaced (I have done a few, might even have a spare left somewhere).

As for what is a fair price, that is up to the buyer. A complete top screen and bezel is probably the easier way to go but more costly. Most of the older laptops on ebay are untested so you have no idea what condition the screens are in or if they work and the supply is not what is used to be.

Yep - Its LT141X2 thats correct - I haven’t yet locate one, I had a spare one from PowerBook Pismo plugged it in and it works but the holes does not line up. Worst case - I can make a bracket for it.

Ive done basic research and Ive found but the price is too high for what its worth at this stage.

At this stage - I’m considering modifiying & retrofit Pismo’s LCD in PB G3 PDQ.

Cheers

AP