snuci

Mac SE/30 with MicroTouch touchscreen

Impressive! I wish I had one of those. But the only auctions I've seen of a MicroTouch are the ones you won I think. I wonder how difficult it would be to replicate one with a modern film. Hummmm...

On 9/3/2018 at 6:39 AM, BadGoldEagle said:

Impressive! I wish I had one of those. But the only auctions I've seen of a MicroTouch are the ones you won I think. I wonder how difficult it would be to replicate one with a modern film. Hummmm...

I was thinking the same. Is this an internal card or an ADB device? snuci do you have pictures of the board(s)?

11 minutes ago, apm said:

I was thinking the same. Is this an internal card or an ADB device? snuci do you have pictures of the board(s)?

It is an internal interface board that converts the capacitive glass plate touchscreen to ADB.  This is the board inside that is stuck to the power supply with stand-offs and two-sided tape.  It takes power from the motherboard connector.  The 9 pin D-sub connector is from the touchscreen and below it is the ADB output port.  You connect that ADB port to the external ADB port.

2110095056_MicroTouchMaccard.thumb.JPG.bb9c46cc30c6682228ff18531e75f9d4.JPG

Here is the touchscreen attached with two-sided tape to the CRT.  There is a bit of a gap.

1275965718_MicroTouchtouchscreen.thumb.JPG.674af3db98cb7f7ddbb652c338d993ef.JPG

Also, here is the technical data sheet:  https://vintagecomputer.ca/files/MicroTouch/MicroTouch Mac n Touch Brochure.pdf

Probably more than you wanted to know but it's pretty interesting.