tanaquil

J1 connector (Plus analog board)

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement J1 connector (one of the white plug in connectors, with four pins)? Mine has the classic burned out pin 4 that Larry Pina describes as the result of a C1 failure. He says it has to be replaced once burned,  but I haven’t seen one in anyone’s DigiKey or similar parts list. Is robbing a donor board the only option? Or can it be replaced with something common like a molex connector?

I'm pretty sure you can work anything that has equal male and female ends to replace it. Just depends if you care about originality.

Is there not a part number somewhere on the connector (either end)?  I found the molex part number for the analog to logic board connector by reading the ultra tiny type on that molex connector. 

Sorry been away from the forums - no, the only solution I ever found was to cannibalize another board. I'll have to try looking at the connectors under a magnifying glass to see if I can find a part number. If anyone ever finds a solution that works for them, please post it here!

Well, I know a guy with a custom cable manufacturing company, he specializes in making these kinds of connectors, but developing a die might be expensive - the last quote I got from him was $700. So there'd have to be enough demand, but the result would likely be both the molded connectors and pins if needed.