AgoraRoad

How to convert a folder or .dmg to raw .dsk file?

Hello. so i am trying to make a .dsk file so i can use it on my macintosh se or emulator. my idea is that i want to do what this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1vMy88_bA but I am using FloppyEmu ad the floppy disk. How do i do what he did?? How can i convert my sound files and have them play on the mac?

How I would do it (from a PC):

• Download any of the DSK files from Gryphel (or create your own with HFVExplorer ).
  • Run SheepShaver with OS9, and select Enable "My Computer" icon so I can browse files on my PC.
  • Mount the blank DSK.
  • Once running OS9, load up the blank DSK with your files.
  • The video shows PlaySound as the application - I don't know that app, but I assume you can find it somewhere (here maybe).

Here's a topic on playing music on a compact Mac. I wasn't able to get Mini vMac to run PlaySound - it complained that I don't have a co-processor.

Edited by ben68

13 hours ago, ben68 said:

How I would do it (from a PC):

• Download any of the DSK files from Gryphel (or create your own with HFVExplorer ).
  • Run SheepShaver with OS9, and select Enable "My Computer" icon so I can browse files on my PC.
  • Mount the blank DSK.
  • Once running OS9, load up the blank DSK with your files.
  • The video shows PlaySound as the application - I don't know that app, but I assume you can find it somewhere (here maybe).

Here's a topic on playing music on a compact Mac. I wasn't able to get Mini vMac to run PlaySound - it complained that I don't have a co-processor.

what about on a mac? i can't get sheep shaver

Ironically, I think it's easier to do with a PC. I was hoping some Apple users would chime in - I know Mini vMac and SheepShaver/Basilisk runs on a Mac - I would go that route. Otherwise, you could network the Plus using AppleTalk and transfer files that way - or a Zip/Jazz drive - or a bridge Mac. I think the easiest method is to use the emulators - there's a bit of a learning curve at first, but it's worth the payoff.