Sign in to follow this  
Punkyclown

eMailer to work with OS9 and Powerbook 1400

Hi All,

I am having a problem finding an email program that connects to my service for my
Powerbook 1400 running OS9.1.  Any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks
Brad Hansen

Not sure what can work with modern SSL standards, but for fairly standard IMAP I remember Mulberry being pretty good on Mac OS 9 while it was around.

There was also an IMAP capable e-mail client developed by a Japanese developer that was 68k compatible, though its name totally escapes me. I might be able to identify it when I'm back in town on Monday.

Just casually: What interest would there be in a service running a best-effort email server compatible with old clients?

Hypothetically, is this something you'd pop a few bucks into a patreon for?

Would ~homedirectories, an AFP server, FTP access, or perhaps being on a subdomain of 68kmla.org be of interest?

On 12/16/2018 at 7:52 PM, Cory5412 said:

Just casually: What interest would there be in a service running a best-effort email server compatible with old clients?

If I could somehow forward some of my email from a modern service (such as, say Gmail) to it without being an undue burden for whomever operates it, I'd be for it! Or, perhaps a proxy of some kind?

As for the rest, it might be useful to have an FTP server to serve useful files and such (they can be had from many places, but it would be useful to have a "Beginner's Bundle" that includes whatever one might need to get started (ready made floppy images, decompressed and ready to use Stuffit Expander, etc.)

c