Sign in to follow this  
netfreak

$12.99 PowerBook 520c

Couple weeks ago I found a PowerBook 520c at the local Value Village. Thing had been kicking around on random shelves for probably a month, and the power supply had also gone missing. Paid $12.99 for it to save it from eventually being thrown out. Had to order a power adapter online to make it work, and that cost me a little bit... Everything seems to work but the HD is starting to get a bit noisy.

pb1.thumb.jpg.3e508d642d71d306894140e86d06b1de.jpg

pb2.thumb.jpg.4b432bd680b7f813030e0e78984cf1bc.jpg

Nice setup! That’s a great price for a 520c, paid a little bit more for a broken 520 that became my parts machine. Slap a SCSI2SD under the hood, and you’ll be amazed at how silent it becomes 

Edited by Charadis
I blame the iPhone keyboard for any bad grammar I have caused this forum

Looks like it has stock 8MB. There are 16MB modules up on eBay right now. You could turn one into 32MB if you have good soldering skills... there is a thread around here that a member successfully did that ;) 

Nice find!

I have a clutch cover for your left hinge, if you're interested (it appears to be in otherwise OK shape).

c

1 hour ago, CC_333 said:

Nice find!

I have a clutch cover for your left hinge, if you're interested (it appears to be in otherwise OK shape).

c

Yeah that seems to be the only missing piece. I'll PM you.