Sign in to follow this  
rudedude

G3 AIO Score

First time real post in the conquest section, as well as first time real post in some years on this site.

By some sort of sheer blind luck I came across a Power Macintosh G3 AIO for free on Craigslist, albeit without the hard drive.

I'm assuming it works from inspecting the board and internals and everything although I haven't yet connected it to power, but will do so tomorrow morning.

What it is missing besides the hard drive though is the sled that the drive mounts on inside of the caddy that slides out of the back in order to service the board and drives.

Besides cannibalizing another machine, does anybody have any suggestions about where to source another drive sled?

IMG_1940.jpg

Me!

I have a complete one of these (including the drive sleds), just sitting, collecting dust. It has a bad analog board (I think; when I got it, the prior owner (JRL, a member here) said that it would power on and then "blink off" with a zapping sound when it tried energizing the CRT), so I've parted it out.

I want to keep the outer plastics (and maybe the logic board tray), but everything else is fair game. Just PM me with what you want!

c

Not related to your question but how much do these usually go for? I want to get one shipped to Australia, kind of a mad thing I want to do in January and shipping cost doesn't matter.

Edited by Jon183

Right now these are on eBay running anywhere from ~$400-$1600 USD in various states of condition. But besides that they're probably the heaviest Apple machine to have been produced and therefore shipping is terribly expensive too.

The only one (that I could find anyways) that has sold on eBay recently went for $350. Had a little bit of yellowing, but not too bad. Also stated that it was "tested and working" in the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Power-Macintosh-G3-233-All-in-One-M4787-034-Molar-Mac-034-RARE-/253538544309?epid=1301835461&hash=item3b08132ab5%3Ag%3AhRIAAOSw7WJawoU9&nma=true&si=P2f%2BYruRaQrVjEDQgZRaVf3zSFQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Congrats by the way! These things are awesome and I'd love to have one. I know some people think they are hideous, but I think they are really cool!