Sign in to follow this  
Von

Please help ID which SE/30 boards I had recapped...

Hi All,

I got a chance to inspect each of the 3 SE/30 motherboards I have for 2 systems.  It has been a few years since I have looked at these and I am pretty certain I sent 2 of these away for a recap job however I am not an capacitor expert and could use help identifying the work done on each. Apology in advance for the quality of the photos.

This is the board that came in my original SE/30:

2018-01-21_15_14_02.jpg

I thought I had this one worked however those appear to be the original caps. Is that correct?

This is a socketed board I got off of eBay that looks like work has been done to it:

2018-01-21_15_57_08.jpg

This is the board that came with a system that had a Daystar 030 Accelerator attached to the board. The original non-socketed CPU was removed for the Daystar to plug into, however, the photo has the stock CPU inserted...

2018-01-21_15_38_10.jpg

This one too looks like it has had work done however the caps are different than the stock socketed board...

THx!

Edited by Von
Photo order

None of these have what appear to be original caps, even the one on the bottom, with electrolytic caps do not appear to be the 'stock' caps, unless they are missing their markings.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66071596@N00/3847352863/in/photostream/

above is a link that displays an original board prior to re-cap.

Edited by Juror22
add

umm...

As I said, bottom board IS bone stock. even has the 1989 date code on the caps. The Axial leaded caps are about as stock as they get. 

Matter of fact, all 3 boards have the original axial leaded caps. They need changed as well as the SMD lytics. 

Edited by techknight

6 hours ago, techknight said:

3rd board is bone stock with no work done to it. 

first 2 boards have been re-done. 

Thanks for this and phew...that is what I thought I had done.

6 hours ago, techknight said:

Matter of fact, all 3 boards have the original axial leaded caps. They need changed as well as the SMD lytics. 

Not being a cap expert, are the 2 blue ones what you are referring to?

Screenshot_2018-01-22_20_11_04.png

Finally, is there someone on this group that does recap work?  I have seen someone on eBay offering this service.  

Edited by Von