Realitystorm

Aeroflex SCSI to USB adaptor?

Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

I'm trying to find documentation on it to see if it's only for a proprietary system or can be used with SCSI devices in general, and if in general what drivers it would need. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aeroflex-UAS-SCSI-to-USB-Adapter-x2-Ports-RS232-Debug-w-All-Accessories/263306477148?hash=item3d4e49fe5c:g:n-EAAOSw9mpaAhqf

I'm not sure with this specific adapter, but i have a Microtech XpressSCSI USB to SCSI adapter and it works without driver or with driver.

Without driver, i can connect one SCSI storage peripheral (just use ID0) and it works as a USB Mass Storage driver.

With driver (for old OS like Mac OS 9 or Windows 98), it works with a chain and peripheral like scanner and co.

If this were half the cost, I'd say it might be worth getting for some laughs, but you can get two SCSI2SD v5-series units for $100.

My guess is that like the SCSI2SD family, this is for using newer, less expensive or more reliable storage with older, critical process machinery.

The ebay listing mentions UASP which some external USB hard disks now use but I don't think this is actually related to that.

SCSI to USB and Firewire adapters seem to be expensive and used for legacy SCSI equipment that cannot easily be replaced.

I have a number of SCSI to USB adapters. Not sure of the brands. Used one once to connect a SCSI drive to a newer Mac.

A lot of stores thought they would be big sellers and bought a number of them. That didn't end up being the case. I got mine when a couple of stores were tossing them. Could have had a lot more but I couldn't see much of a use for them at the time.

I wonder if it’d work on 68k? If it’s for a ppc Mac, I’d use a pci usb card. 

Would 68k even be able to format a Flash Drive?

It doesn’t seem to be made to use USB to attach a SCSI device. 

68ks format CF and SD via SCSI2SD and the like. If you can fool a 68k into thinking something attached is SCSI, it could work.