reallyrandy

restoring plastics on a Tangerine ibook?

I just got a Tangerine ibook that works great and I'd like to try and cleanup the plastics to make "make my ibook great again". The white translucent plastic just needs a good cleaning. Anyone ever restored the lustre on the colored rubbery plastics? I don't want to scrub it because it would scratch it. Maybe Armor-all would work. Any advice welcomed!

WD-40 works great on plastics to give a nice clean "new" look. Spray a bit on a soft cloth , and wipe the all surface.

It can lessen rub marks on the iBook rubber plastic.

I should try this, and clean the dust under the front screen part. What about crack lines on the white translucent plastic, can they be fixed?

I suppose these crack in the transparent plastic are around the Apple logo at the bottom of the screen. Don't think there anything to do to make it less visible apart from replacing the plastic part. But iBook g3 first gen without these cracks are rare anyway.

The logo is missing which is something I want to replace one day, crack isn't too bad, I will try that WD-40 method when I can find some in the house.