Sign in to follow this  
MacSE

Macintosh Plus

Just picked up a Macintosh Plus for $20. It came with keyboard, mouse, an external SCSI hard drive that doesn't work, and a Targus carry case. It works fine as soon as soon as I insert a boot disk. It hasn't yellowed from exposure to UV light, and doesn't need to be retrobrighted yet. I couldn't pass up such a good deal!

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

Congrats! The first mac I bought was a Plus and I paid $15 for it but it didn't come with any goodies at all. Awesome find!

Have you tried reformatting the hard drive with Lido? It works wonders on some drives.

Thanks. I already have a Mac SE, and it looks great on the shelf next to it.

I would reformat the hard drive if I didn't hear a lot of parts rattling inside the unit. When I move the hard drive up and down, I hear a lot of small parts moving around. 

I'm pretty sure it's an external hard drive, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Many cables were included with it. I tried connecting it to the computer, but nothing happened. It says POWER USER on the front along with 88 MB Mac Warehouse. 

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

34 minutes ago, IlikeTech said:

That is an 88 Mb syquest cartridge drive.  It takes cartridges.  Why else would it have a slot on the front?

I don't know how I didn't see the slot in the front. When I went to google this, I was searching for the wrong thing. Now when I google it, I see this exact model. Thanks for the tip.

I found that rather amusing.  Yea,  I think you should be able to use it.  Give it a power up to test it.  If it doesn't immediately sound awful, buy an 88MB Cartridge or 2.  I think they are cheap on eBay.  They make good storage for compacts.