Sign in to follow this  
CatCakes

MicroMac Accelerator Cards for sale

Hi there,

New to the forum, but I thought I'd share this. I called the Micromac number on their website. It obviously hasn't been updated in about ten years. The number didn't answer, but I got a call back and the man told me his company handles Micromac's website and that he still has the stock available. He is going to check on Monday to see if he has what I'm looking for in stock. I asked about the price and he told me they are still charging the same prices they did in 1997.

I'll post again if/when I find out more or actually buy the card I'm looking for. I'm somewhat local to Micromac, so I'll see if I can go by and pick up the card, which would hopefully shed some light on how much stock the company still has up for grabs.

cheers.

Well, their prices were - and are - outrageous. But a site visit would be VERY cool - especially if you could bring a camera or a cell phone and take some pics on the sly. That place is legendary!

M

You'd be insane to pay their asking price on any of their listed items. Even when the site was current, one could have been slightly concerned about one's mental equilibrium.

They are universally ten times the current market value.

omg...

but nice to hear that there is still something going on at micromac.

I imagine the guy there to be like 80 years old and still thinking that the most recent apple machine out there is a quadra 630 :D

how else could one explain that he still wants the same prices as over 10 years ago. :?: