bmacsys

A guy wants $2500 for a IIfx on eBay

IT HAS FOUR INTERFACE CARDS SEE PICTURE

Err. One of them does look like a Nubus display card with a standard VGA output. Shirley that's worth a little..

I know it is off topic kinda but do vga nubus cards go for a lot or was it sarcasm I have never looked at them on ebay so I could not tell? plus I think I have one in the basement.

ROFL ROFL

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT-I DID NOT GET YOUR MESSAGE UNTIL AFTER THE LISTING CLOSED-I DON'T SMOKE-84floyds

I guess the question flew right over his head.

Maybe not. Maybe he doesn't do drugs. Maybe he just sells them. I hear a lot of drug dealers don't actually use the stuff themselves. Cuts into the profits, if ya know what I mean. [:P]]'>

IT HAS FOUR INTERFACE CARDS SEE PICTURE

Err. One of them does look like a Nubus display card with a standard VGA output. Shirley that's worth a little..

I know it is off topic kinda but do vga nubus cards go for a lot or was it sarcasm I have never looked at them on ebay so I could not tell? plus I think I have one in the basement.

Well, they're worth at least the price of a comparable NuBus video card + Mac video->VGA adaptor!

That machine didn't even have very much RAM. It had 20 MB, IIRC, which is respectable, but for $2000/$2500 it should have come with 128MB and one or more of those Daystar RAM?? cards (RAMCharger? RAMCard?)--the ones with sixteen 30 pin sockets which let you add another 128MB of RAM to your NuBus equipped Mac.

I still want to get my hands on one of those. NewerTech made one with 72 pin sockets.

Anyway, his starting bid is well over my entire budget for the 16MB IIfx SIMM project. One of these days I need to build those last few sets...

Anyway, his starting bid is well over my entire budget for the 16MB IIfx SIMM project. One of these days I need to build those last few sets...

I would bid on a set if you get around to it.

equill,

I am shocked. Nay, dismayed in your behavior. Honestly the word "y'all" should not exist and I thought someone of your linguistic caliber would have recognized that. I ain't going to stand for it. Not one bit.

;)

Not that ebay is a good place to look for business customers, I know several people that resell older computer equipment for a living and they will get ridiculous amounts for things someone needs to keep a good process running. And I mean ridiculous amounts. For some of this stuff there's the hobbyist market (us) and the business market.

Hmm... My first mac (Mac II purchased in 1989).....

• • Mac II/ 1/ 40: $3701.00 (edu. discount)
    • 8-bit RGB card: $453.60 (edu. discount)
    • Extended keyboard I: $160.30 (edu. discount)
    • PMMU/FDHD upgrade: $300.00 (approx)
    • IIfx upgrade: $1500.00 (approx - includes new RAM)
    ================
    TOTAL: 6114.90

No wonder I'm so reluctant to give it up......

PS Also: the edu. discount on the original Apple 13" RGB monitor: $699.30 :O