Sign in to follow this  
Mac128

128K Prototype Logic Board (Here We Go Again!)

Oy! This guy thinks he has something hot on his hands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260214115017&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

The reality is ... it's quite a kludge but it looks a lot like Dr. Lee's 1MB RAM upgrade. So THAT's what it looks like.

Not sure it's worth anywhere near the the prices the seller is asking though. Especially without the original 64K ROMs.

I love his specious reasoning:

"The RAM upgrade looks very complicated, and is not a standard 3rd party upgrade. This looks like a prototype design that somone built - possibly at Apple Computer, or a 3rd party upgrade card designer."

It's crap. It looks like a homebrew RAM upgrade. I got one of my Atari ST computers upgraded long ago and the technique used is very similar. He also says he salvaged it out of an original 128k, my question is, why did he strip it instead of selling the whole thing unless it wasn't working.

... my question is, why did he strip it instead of selling the whole thing unless it wasn't working.

Excellent point.

Of course I'd rather have a non-working 128K board. I want to frame it and hang it on the wall.