Sign in to follow this  
Patrickool93

Radius PowerView

I found this:

"Less startling but cheaper and more immediately useful will be Radius's PowerView, which is an external SCSI box that allows you to hook 12" and 13" monitors to the Classic II and the new notebooks. It does require Color QuickDraw, so it won't help those of you with a Plus or SE, but it will soon support the Pivot and Color Pivot as well, which makes all three machines, the Classic II, the PowerBook 140, and the PowerBook 170, far more attractive for real work."

yeah found the same thing earlier today when i googled it...seems interesting never had seen one of these before

I remember reading about such a beast in MacAddict 10 years ago. Never seen one until now though...would be a handy device.

Macmetex is a good egg. He hates to see old Mac gear junked, and his aim is quite evidently not to get rich from eBay trading. He offers all kinds of (often unused) out-of-the-way gear.

de

well i won the powerview so get ready for a review sometime soon if u guys are still interested

I'd have bid on it, but I don't have enough information on it. I gathered that it works on a Classic, but couldn't find examples of anyone using it on any other models. So you're lucky I don't have a Classic sitting around here, or you might have been beaten by a last second bid. :p

havent had time to test her out yet. but it does look pretty mint. very nice indeed....sometime soon i promise to try it out and give a report here so other fellow members can see its great power

Hi all

Although this topic is dated, maybe someone will find it on google so this is more of information than a reply...

I got my hands on a PowerView a couple of years ago and it's awesome with my --> SE/30 <--

I got the drivers if someone needs them.

/gunnar

:lol: How can a topic about a 15-20 year old peripheral be dated?

I just checked, but the Driver's not on gamba. :(

I got a SuperMac SuperView, NIB, box copyright dated 1992, which is basically the same thing as the PowerView. I wonder if Radius had bought out SuperMac by 1993? My SuperView SCSI Video Adapter isn't listed in Cary Lu's Column/Review. Radius gobbled up SuperMac, e-Machines and several other companies in a market shake-up at about that time.

If the PowerView is a re-branded SuperView, I've got drivers and all the docs.

superview2p.jpg

@360alaska might have been playing with one of the 5300s at the time? Looks like the hinge cover from one. I'm sure I can lay my hands on the box soon enough, in the meantime I've gotta get DropStuff working on something with a floppy drive.

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini