IlikeTech

MacIP for raspberry Pi.

I am building a Raspberry Pi MacIP image. I have build the MacIPGW binary, and I have netatalk running, but how do I get it to connect to the software. It just says it fails to assign an address and quits when run with the peramiters on the github page.

Thanks

I guess you didn’t build a special kernel. If not ... no working macipgw.

You could grab one of my VM or ISO to test and see how it works: www.macip.net

This is probably the problem:

“Kernel

Your kernel must be configured with the CONFIG_IPDDP option disabled completely. It is not sufficient to compile it as a module -- in order to support the module, the kernel is modified to intercept all MacIP traffic, so userspace applications such as macipgw cannot handle it. “

Yep, I'm setting up a Ubuntu VM and I am going to cross compile a new kernel and isolate it from the default updater.  This should hopefully fix the problem!

Great. Could you share your image? I have a Raspberry lying around and love to make a MacIPPi for it. Your image would same me some time!

Yep, I'm in the process of writing the required systemd scripts to start things on boot time. The cool part is that you can access the netatalk share from both the AppleTalk port and the wifi connection over ip! You just connect the Ethernet port through you bridge to the Mac, and enter your wifi credentials on the sd card, and you can copy on files with your modern Mac, and then access them on your vintage one!

I probably won't be able to upload it until Monday because my internet at home is actual garbage. I'll use my connection at school! When you boot the image, you need to expand the file system using raspi config.