Jon183

LC TDK PSU issues

21 minutes ago, powermax said:

The badcaps forum (what a funny name:beige:) has a board dedicated to PSU troubleshooting and repair. You could ask there if they can identify that mysterious component. There are several people around there skilled in the art...

Thanks for the link, but I think the best solution is to see another tdk 699-0153.... 

2 minutes ago, marmotta said:

Thanks for the link, but I think the best solution is to see another tdk 699-0153.... 

Well, if you can get a replacement PSU of the same type for little money, go ahead! If not, it's worth trying to fix the existing one as I did with my old Astec PSU (still working after been fixed). BTW, a quick ebay search reveals a used TDK 699-0153 for 79,95 € + shipping from Germany to Italy. I bet the fix is cheaper...

Another attractive option is to attach a modern PSU with compatible voltages and wattage...

1 hour ago, techknight said:

The more a stare at it, the more it looks like a dual diode. maybe a clamping network. 

I agree. That PS is similar to the Sony PS in my HD20 SC I recently worked on.

Here's an image of the corresponding components in the Sony PS. Also apparently unmarked.

dualdiode.jpg

Edited by MOS8_030

2 minutes ago, MOS8_030 said:

I agree. That PS has very much the same layout & design as the Sony PS in my HD20 SC I recently worked on.

Here's an image of the corresponding components in the Sony PS. Also apparently unmarked.

dualdiode.jpg

On the pcb is marked as diode... you can shot a photo of the entire pcb?

3 minutes ago, marmotta said:

On the pcb is marked as diode... you can shot a photo of the entire pcb?

Here you go. The best photo I have. I already recapped & reassembled the PS.

HDSC20_PS.jpg

2 minutes ago, marmotta said:

Seems to be very different

Yes, they are not exactly the same. My point was I agreed with Techknight's observation that your mystery component looks like a dual diode.