haemogoblin

Plus cap locations

Some years back i bought a recap kit for my Plus from a fellow member, however looking at it today i realised I'm not 100% sure i know where each cap goes. Is there some sort of diagram showing cap locations and their values for the Plus?

Thanks guys!

You sure are a gentleman :)

Now i just need to compare this with the envelope i have full of new caps and see if it makes sense. Luckily my Plus has been unplugged for a few years, so hopefully it wont have any charge in the screen. Perfect time to take the back off and swap out the caps lol

Luckily my Plus has been unplugged for a few years, so hopefully it wont have any charge in the screen.

You should at least make sure to fire it up and confirm it works as you think it should *before* starting the recap, as then you have a starting point if things go wrong after...

Discharging a CRT is not hard... nor should you assume leaving it around for a few years means it has been discharged completely.

I agree with jack about testing the unit before doing some work on it. I never do that and it's always annoying when the repair work doesn't work and when you don't know if you've made things worse or not...

Check out Larry Pina's Macintosh Repair and Upgrade Secrets here. There's a detailed list of the caps used on those boards around page 335.

Here's an good advice if you've never replaced caps before: Take a picture of the component side of the board before starting off, that way you'll be able to double check the polarity once you're done.

Good luck!