• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#141 Trash80toHP_Mini

Trash80toHP_Mini

NIGHT STALKER

• LocationBermuda Triangle, NC, USA

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

Quadra 650? Centris 650? Quadra 800?

The middle one with the C innit. It's received so little love I don't remember if it's 25MHz or 33MHz? Somebody laid it on me in trade for somethingorother? :/

jt [8]
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball

C.O. AC130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

#142 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Okay,. Diggin up the 25 vs 33MHz info will be nice to have. Apple system profiler will tell you the clock speed. It's on the legacy recovery CD.

Edited by Themk, 14 June 2017 - 02:14 PM.

Macintosh SE SuperDrive, Macintosh SE/30, Apple IIgs ROM3, ImageWriterBanger II.

Currently building the amazing 68040! Performa (Quadra??!!) 638CD gets 40MHz full '040 [;)] , Ethernet, 136MB RAM, AV input card, and maybe something else. Should have performance comparable to the Quadra 840av when done! (A/UX doesn't work, but I still like this little guy right here: [:P] )

#143 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

I'll do my best.

c

Just take a picture of the on-board RAM, you can use JT's picture as a reference of what you want to capture. As you can see I can easily identify this stuff. Don't worry about identifying it yourself.

Macintosh SE SuperDrive, Macintosh SE/30, Apple IIgs ROM3, ImageWriterBanger II.

Currently building the amazing 68040! Performa (Quadra??!!) 638CD gets 40MHz full '040 [;)] , Ethernet, 136MB RAM, AV input card, and maybe something else. Should have performance comparable to the Quadra 840av when done! (A/UX doesn't work, but I still like this little guy right here: [:P] )

#144 CC_333

CC_333
  • 68LC040

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

OK.

c

Main Macs: Early '09 Mac Pro, Mid '12 MacBook Pro 13" --- Secondary Macs: Early '08 Mac Pro, Mid '12 MacBook Pro 15"
Playthings: Mac SE/30, 3.0 GHz Mavericks-based HackServe, Many others... --- Desired: Lisa, Kanga PowerBook G3, Apple IIc, Apple II, Spare parts, etc.

#145 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Oh, and just for the record, I have 60ns chips on my 630 motherboard, (the one that started this whole thread [;)])

8MB on board, with an additional 128MB in the SIMM slot, makes for a nice 136MB :D

#146 Cory5412

Cory5412

Daring Pioneer of the Future

• Administrators
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:38 AM

As you're collecting this information, do you mind re-posting it in a condensed format (including blanks for systems we don't have information on yet, ideally) or letting me know what to put into which post?

We could also make a page on the 68kMLA Wiki.

Thank you for your help jt and CC!

#147 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

We could also make a page on the 68kMLA Wiki.

Would you mind creating a wiki account for me?

Then I'll just create a table Wikipedia style for all this information.

Edited by Themk, 15 June 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#148 Bolle

Bolle
  • Location.eu

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

So while we are at it and checking various 040 systems I took a look at my LC575 board: 70ns RAM on there.
Bluets and Granola Bars, Make a chewy snack.

#149 Trash80toHP_Mini

Trash80toHP_Mini

NIGHT STALKER

• LocationBermuda Triangle, NC, USA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Thank you for your help  .  .  .

NoPro, you can caption my pic as Centris 650/25MHz.

jt [8]
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball

C.O. AC130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

#150 Cory5412

Cory5412

• Administrators
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

It might be better not to create new accounts on the wiki. Anything that goes into it now will ultimately need to be migrated to the IPBoard pages module where the relevant wiki content and future editable "pages" for things like the resource/links threads that have sprouted up in so many of the subforums are going to go. I'd hate to have a lot of new content created and not have there be energy to move it to Pages.

I don't know when we're going to do that. I know at present we have a minor version update to do and then we need to go to the next major version. I don't think either ulterior or I have had time to look at what the pages platform is like.

I'll have to see if I can download a copy IPB to run on a system at home to test out pages and publishing.

#151 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

Hmm, well, let me know.

The wiki still seems like a better place than this thread ATM...

One thing that immediately stands out to me is that I am very familiar with MediaWiki formatting. It is easy to edit up your page, while being powerful and flexible. Creating long articles and pages with BBCode instead of MediaWiki formatting doesn't sound very fun. I understand the desire to have it all running under a single platform, and I'm sure you have problems with Inivision Suite fighting with MediaWiki, but MediaWiki does a pretty darn good job, and I wonder just how flexible of a replacement IPB's Pages feature will be.

Sorry to be so doubtful, but I do hope you read this.

Edited by Themk, 16 June 2017 - 03:40 AM.

#152 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

NoPro, you can caption my pic as Centris 650/25MHz.

Awesome, thank you. 25MHz would also explain the 80ns RAM.

Edited by Themk, 16 June 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#153 Cory5412

Cory5412

• Administrators
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

I read and I understand. Mediawiki is great and my own personal web site ran on it for many years before it became a little unwieldy for me to maintain.

Ulterior can do it, but we have a maintenance backlog on the site as it is, without dealing with the second DNS name and other things needed to run the wiki, in addition to administrative tasks it would be nice not to have to do, like making accounts, which we do mainly to protect from vandalism.

My weekend is already filling up, but I've downloaded MAMP and a copy of IPB to take a look at content management there.

#154 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

My weekend is already filling up, but I've downloaded MAMP and a copy of IPB to take a look at content management there.

It's too bad I'm not a customer (of Invision), it would be fun to download to my server to try out.

Edited by Themk, 16 June 2017 - 09:37 PM.

#155 CC_333

CC_333
  • 68LC040

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:13 AM

I'm sure there's trial versions one can download for evaluation purposes?

...Checking...

There is a demo, but it's only 5 days, and it's hosted on a remote server (i.e., not something you can install on your own server(s)): https://invisioncommunity.com/demo

c

Main Macs: Early '09 Mac Pro, Mid '12 MacBook Pro 13" --- Secondary Macs: Early '08 Mac Pro, Mid '12 MacBook Pro 15"
Playthings: Mac SE/30, 3.0 GHz Mavericks-based HackServe, Many others... --- Desired: Lisa, Kanga PowerBook G3, Apple IIc, Apple II, Spare parts, etc.

#156 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:40 AM

Thanks c!

I might sign up for the trial, just for fun. I hope they have access to all of the configuration, one thing I was worried about with a remote server hosting it, if I host it at my place, then I know I have control over every minute detail.

I've been managing PHPbb before, and it works very well for my needs, so I'm not totally a stranger to the world of forum software.

Speaking of which, have any of you ever tried out the Snitz Forums system (the one that was used wayy back in the day of the MLA). This site made me try to set it up on a ASP server just to see what would happen. It's very dated, but it's usability surprised me.

EDIT: I did sign up for the invision hosted demo anyway. We will see.

Edited by Themk, 17 June 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#157 Cory5412

Cory5412

• Administrators
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

I poked at the testing license of Invision on Friday. It's encouraging, there's a way to make tables, but they don't work particularly well, and source editing for posts is no longer available.

I'll be honest, I don't think I'd realized such simple functionality straight-up didn't exist in this software package. People have been asking for it for at least five or six years and it seems like Invision doesn't have plans to offer it.

Not having had a chance to speak with ulterior about it, I don't know if there's a plan to overcome this or not.

Regarding Snitz, we didn't look at it. It would have been hilarious, but I don't know if we'd have been able to keep our existing post history. SharePoint was semi-seriously on the table as well.

#158 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

Regarding Snitz, we didn't look at it. It would have been hilarious, but I don't know if we'd have been able to keep our existing post history. SharePoint was semi-seriously on the table as well.

Haha, Snitz was just a joke on my part. It indeed would be hilarious, but, it probably has lots of security holes in it. It was last updated in 2009, and while open source it would be difficult to patch any bugs that may arise. Funny yes, practical no. Where it would be great is browsing the board on old macs, as it uses basic HTML for almost everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users